Principal/Architect Data Science/ Machine Learning Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Salesforce Einstein is seeking a Data Science/ Machine Learning Engineering Architect to help us deliver high-quality, high-impact machine learning solutions to production, powering Salesforce’s applications. You will work on designing and bringing world-class ML to production on products used by used by millions of people every day. You will be working with a team of fellow machine learning engineers, software developers, product managers and also designers.
In addition to technical skills and data fluency/analytical skills, an ideal candidate is also a great cross-functional collaborator. Working within this large organization and at the scale of delivery, you invest in communication to build alignment and influence others to help deliver what is necessary to bring world-class AI to production for our customers.
A day in the life will be:
Designing and delivering high-impact machine learning solutions to our customers across a breadth of use cases
- Oversee end-to-end architecture of AI solutions. This includes working on products that bring recommendation engines, classifications and numeric predictions to life for our customers
- Working with multiple experienced teams, identifying opportunities for improving our multi-tenant machine learning pipelines. This includes internal product teams to help them bring machine learning into their products
- Setting the standard for machine learning excellence in the teams you work with, and collaborating across Salesforce. Help designing experiments through agile data science processes. Mentor other individuals on the team
- Bring new technologies and frameworks to our teams. Collaborating with platform engineering to help guide and design solutions for new machine learning services, tools and approaches for multi-product, multi-tenant solutions
Participating in early ideation and development
- Learning about how Salesforce customers use our applications, and finding new, high-impact methods to deliver business value to our customers
- Partner end-to-end with Product Managers, Application Architects, Data Scientists, Designers and and Researchers where appropriate to understand customer requirements, design prototypes, and bring innovative technologies to production
- Help nurture an environment of learning and rapid iteration.
- Designs solutions that are enterprise scalable and maintainable. Able to consider a breadth of data use cases
- Drive strategic technology initiatives, working with Product Managers, other Architects,, Engineers,, SME's and the broader Salesforce organization
- Works in a consultative fashion to improve communication, collaboration and alignment amongst teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
- Provides input into long-range product requirements, best practices, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
- Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged
- Ensures that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
Skills and Experience
- Mastery in multiple machine learning/AI methodologies
- Comfortable programming in multiple languages, and navigating multiple services in a platform
- 7+ years of experience bringing Machine Learning to production with a PhD/MS in relevant field or10+ years experience with a Bachelors
- Ability to independently design and deliver large complex projects
- Ability to provide (informal) coaching to team members to support their understanding of the architecture and aid in their technical development
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Ability to work with other architects, principal architects, and Chief Technology Officers to shape the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization.
- Ability to guide teams on quality/model performance issues and solutions for testing/experimenting before going to production
- Ability to drive long-term design strategies that span multiple complex projects, deliver technical reports and performance presentations to customers and at industry events
- Ability to create an environment for honest and open discussion of all issues. You involve the right people, from your team and others, to resolve critical issues.
- Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle. Some roles require experience on a product that was released for public consumption across multiple releases
- BS in related field and at least 15 years experience in the Information -Technology arena, at least 3 years management or leadership experience in this field
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top