To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Research scientists discover new research problems, develop novel models, design careful experiments and generally advance the state of the art in AI. At Salesforce, the research team is committed to collaboration with the wider research community; while research scientists have the opportunity to work directly on advancing technologies that customers use as part of the Einstein Platform, they may also focus exclusively on publications. We believe that making substantive progress on hard applications can drive and sharpen the research questions we study, and, in turn, scientific breakthroughs can spawn entirely new applications. With this in mind, the team maintains a portfolio of projects, some with an immediate path to production, others that may not find an application for several years. Research scientists have the opportunity to switch between pure and applied research.
Ideal candidates have a strong background in one or more of the following fields: deep learning, machine learning or natural language processing. Additionally, applicants should have in-depth experience with one or more of text categorization, text summarization, information extraction, question answering, dialogue learning, machine translation, or language and vision.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems.
- Find and build ambitious, long-term research goals.
- As needed or desired, lead teams to deliver on more complex pure and applied research projects.
- PhD degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, or related technical field.
- Strong publication record in NLP, reinforcement learning, or optimization, especially at venues like NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP and CVPR.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to C/C++ or Python.
- Experience with one or more deep learning libraries and platforms (e.g., TensorFlow, Caffe, Chainer or PyTorch).
- Full time industry experience in deep learning research/product.
- Experience mentoring and advising other researchers.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.