To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Alliances & Channels
MuleSoft’s Business Development team is seeking an ISV Technical Evangelist to lead technical conversations with the MuleSoft ISV partners. We are looking for a self-motivated candidate who would act as a trusted advisor to global ISVs and play a key role in evangelizing MuleSoft technology, our Anypoint Platform, and our rapidly growing ecosystem. By being the technical advocate with our ISV partner community, you would help partners build joint solutions across a variety of technologies and industries by translating partner needs & end-customer requirements into reusable assets. This role will be pivotal in supporting a team of business development professionals that drive company wide ISV Technology Partnerships in different industry verticals.
The ideal candidate is expected to have a diverse technical background, strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical executives, self-starter and empathizes with the ISV partner ecosystem.
- Be the primary trusted technical advisor with our ISV Technology Partners
- Identify, brainstorm and lead joint use case stories that increase the value proposition of technology partnerships
- Lead ISV Partner technical onboarding and scoping for Anypoint Connector development through design & development best practices
- Drive and facilitate product adoption with our Technology Partners such as Veeva, Okta, Plaid, Stibo Systems, Reltio, and many more
- Play the Technology Evangelist role during Technology Partner Webinars, Conferences and joint design & architectural discussions
- Lead the technical exploration and architectural discussions and guide the work of technical staff, including strategic Partner Technologists, CTOs, Engineers, Sales teams, and Consultants.
- Assess the partner’s needs and provide guidance on the execution of joint asset development and optimization, technical and functional design, project implementation, and deployment best practices
- Document, formulate and maintain processes of the Anypoint Connector & Templates development as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades
- Work cross functionally with Product, CTO, and other Engineering teams to drive new innovations and platform functionality that support our Technology Partners
- Build engineer-to-engineer relationships and demonstrations across a broad range of technologies, including Security, Business Intelligence, Big Data, RPA, BPM, CI/CD, MDM, Managed File Transfer, and vertical industries.
- Deliver product presentations, Proofs of Concept (PoCs), and demonstrations that are tailored to the Technology Partner’s technical requirements .
- Utilize knowledge and experience with middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, RPA, APIs, SOA, ESB, BPM, Cloud Technologies, Security & Infrastructure, SaaS applications
What you’ll achieve:
- Learn MuleSoft Anypoint platform and get certified in MuleSoft’s Developer trainings
- Complete MuleSoft’s Kickstart sales training
- Become the lead technical resource for a defined set of ISV partners
- Become an expert on tools that enable ISVs to create connectivity to the MuleSoft platform
- Create a Self Service Asset on a MuleSoft technical topic of interest
- Begin to build your architecture reframe and whiteboarding skills through shadowing and customer-scenario role playing
- Become certified in all Product, Architecture, and Sales Messaging trainings
- Become the lead technical resource across the ISV ecosystem
- Successfully deliver your Self Service asset by end of the second quarter
- Partner with Business Development Executives with evangelism activities (writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, speaking at industry events, etc.)
- Scope, plan and deliver product presentations and demonstrations that are tailored to the client’s technical requirements and audience
- Develop Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to various partners and successfully translate the joint value proposition
- Put all the pieces together to “perfect your craft” by closing partnerships alongside the BD Executive team
- Participate in the continuous improvement of MuleSoft products by making technical contributions and by providing feedback from the field to Product Marketing, Product Management, and Engineering
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Skill set to establish trust with ISV partners and ability to influence key partner personas
- Ability to lead technical discussions
- Hands on experience with APIs (RAML or Open API specifications)
- Hands on experience with middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, APIs, SOA, ESB, BPM etc. is preferred
- Hands on Java development experience and ability to code and debug against Java APIs is preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies - iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure, etc. - is preferred
- Interest and intellectual curiosity in a wide range of technical areas
- A passion for technology and translating that passion into business impact
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours to support global partners
- Nice to have: Pre-Sales enterprise software and/or SI Pre-Sales experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.