To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, web and marketing automation. We're driven by a deep understanding of marketers' needs-because we're marketers too. No other digital marketing company invests in product innovation the way we do, giving our clients access to truly cutting-edge technology. Being the pioneers in cloud computing, we offer an even more superior experience to our customers and employees. By partnering state-of-the-art technology with the best and brightest employees in the industry, we foster a culture of constant innovation and growth.
About the position
Being a key member of Marketing Cloud’s Professional Services team, Marketing Cloud Solution Architects (SA) are experienced technology consultants who can understand and deliver to our customer’s strategic digital marketing vision and goals. Serving as hands-on advisors to our customers, you will lead on consultative engagements with complex enterprise customers, translating their requirements into solution designs that can be implemented and scale. With a combination of strong interpersonal skills, technical expertise and marketing domain knowledge, you will drive customer success and deliver on customer ROI in their marketing
transformation efforts. You will work hand in hand with customer stakeholders (both IT and marketing) to provide thought leadership on the art-of-possible with our marketing technology offerings, deriving requirements and designing comprehensive marketing solutions.You will collaborate closely with the strategy and technical architect team members to assess and document on the solution options based on best practices, customer objectives and constraints. You will be presenting opinionated recommendations, guiding our customers in navigating through challenges faced in their digital marketing transformation and implementation efforts.
- Lead consultative engagements with customers on the technical and business challenges related to their digital marketing initiatives.
- Complete Solution ownership from requirements gathering to solution delivery working with variety oftechnical / non technical stakeholders, including business process mapping and gap analysis.
- Document, manage and present an actionable solution designs and blueprints (eg. BRD & FSD) that aligns a customer’s business needs to Salesforce Marketing Cloud & associated products.
- Present high-level overviews of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud architecture and integration capabilities.
- Conduct solutions presentations and obtain customer acceptance to solution design. Guide customer through solution deployment and environment management.
- Create architecture diagrams and flow charts on both system architecture and detailed solution levels.
- Support client marketing technology landscape and incidents reviews, including enhancement recommendations & root-cause analysis.
- Provide thought-leadership to our clients on digital marketing domain and modern marketing operation
- Managing 1-3 concurrent client engagements and work with associated team members.
- Actively participate in the community delivering reusable assets, success stories and helping the community grow.
- Support pre-saleteams with sales opportunities by validating solutionsand identifying opportunities in existing accounts.
- Travels to client sites for onsite discovery and solutions presentations. Not expected to exceed 25%
- Demonstrable customer-facing consulting experience ofsolution design & technical delivery of SAAS platforms / equivalent.
- Experience leading customer facing discovery sessions to conceptualise and design complex business solutions.
- Experience documenting customer problems and software solutions using BRDs\FSDs, wireframes, diagrams, workflows and mock-ups.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with technical, non-technical, end- user, and executive audiences
- Past experience developing SQL with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
- Strong understanding of SOAP APIs, REST APIs and integration architectures.
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Understanding of sales process and methodologies preferred.
- Experience in the interactive marketing industry preferred but not essential.
- A positive “Yes I can” attitude and self-driven.
- Great communication & diagramming skills
- Experience in supporting pre-sales and project estimations
- 5+ years working in I.T
Desirable Experience / Skills
- Solution architecture/design experience within SaaS, CRM, MAP (Marketing Automation Platform) is strongly preferred, specifically projects within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Marketing Cloud certifications strongly preferred (Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, Marketing Cloud Consultant). Similar certifications against other MAPs a plus (IBM/Unica, SAS, Adobe, Oracle, Teradata)
- Related experience with Salesforce CRM (Sales, Service, Community) is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile project delivery methodology, ceremonies and tools
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or computer science or relevant experience.
- Adaptable to frequent changes and ambiguity as we evolve and grow our practice
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.