Manager / Senior Manager | Technical Support
- Hyderabad, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
MANAGER/SENIOR MANAGER, TECHNICAL SUPPORT : A Technical Support Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers by effectively managing a team of Success Agents (Salesforce Technical Experts) along with associated support projects and processes. This role involves handling critical customer escalations, career development of individuals, and project management processes. Apart from day-to-day activities, the candidate is expected to be involved in strategic planning to grow the team, run projects of organizational importance, guide / mentor next cadre of leadership as per Salesforce values, while being a face of organization to the wider world The candidate is expected to be independent, self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented and able define and provide a high level of customer satisfaction through the delivery of world-class support services.
Work Hours: We are a 24x7 Support Hub, the candidate hence needs to be ready to work in any shift available and be ready to change shifts based on business requirements from time to time.
- Overall work-experience of 10+ years, Strong people management expertise of at least 4 - 5+ years in technical support management roles.
- Strong Experience in managing technical support professionals.
- Experience with support tools and phone systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with a service-oriented attitude and a keen focus on enhancing customer experience.
- Continuously raises the bar on what defines customer service delivery.
- Excellent situational awareness in handling objections in dynamic customer environments.
- Leading cross-functional collaboration across global teams
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, assumes ownership and runs programs with minimal supervision
- Drive stakeholder engagement across peers and senior management
- Ability to address and effectively engage large audiences and hold their interest
- Strong Executive presence and excellent convincing skills; ability to hold own point of view in tough conversations
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training and delegate responsibilities to managers enabling their professional growth and development
- Ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with departments across the organization including Sales, Consulting, CSM, QA, Program Management, and Product Management
- Strong Escalation management experience with multiple stakeholders including customers and product teams
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and advanced organizational skills
- Ability to develop and deliver creative business solutions for complex problems
- Ability to attract, hire and retain high-performing support professionals
- Ability to work on competing priorities under tight timelines and delivery pressures. Analytical bent of mind to understand data and derive actionable insights
Detailed Role & Responsibilities:
- We are a 24 hrs 7 days a week 365 days center and hence would need candidates who are open to work any shift based on business requirement including Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Manage a support team to achieve business objectives including the attainment of targets for customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, service levels, resolution time, and project deadlines. · Set team goals in alignment with Global Support objectives. Assist direct reports in the definition and attainment of individual goals
- Ensure that direct reports have the resources, information, and processes necessary to deliver effective technical solutions to our customers
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality technical and soft-skills training for direct reports
- Deliver performance reviews for all direct reports and provide regular feedback on performance in terms of agreed upon performance and employee development goals
- Effectively represent the Support department on cross-organizational teams to deliver on organizational objectives.
- Manage workflows and schedules for direct reports and ensure adequate workload coverage
- Deliver regular reports that provide qualitative and quantitative descriptions of business performance
- Manage key processes including FAQ analysis, case reviews, and customer feedback analysis
- Develop and maintain Support procedures and policies
- Advocate for customers and define ways to continually add value to the customer experience
- Serve as a manager, mentor, knowledge resource, and escalation point for support agents; Build credibility and trust within the support group
- Foster and facilitate the professional growth and development of team members
- Empower and install confidence in team members to enable them grow
- Flexibility to work in staggered shifts, where weekly-offs are not Saturday and Sunday but two consecutive days from the other five weekdays
- Work as Duty Manager on rotation or as per business needs handling customer escalations and priority issues
- Take up and deliver on any other responsibilities as assigned from time to time by reporting manager/support management
MBA and / or Industry certifications like PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL, Six Sigma etc
Functional or technical salesforce.com application knowledge
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top