Machine Learning Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job Details Machine Learning Engineering and Data Science Engineering Roles
We're hiring across teams, which include: Analytics, Commerce, Einstein, IoT, Mulesoft, Search Relevance, Security, Service, Service Protection team, Marketing Cloud
In school, or graduated within the last 12 months? Please visit FutureForce for opportunities
Salesforce is looking for an exceptional engineer ideally with a dual background in machine learning and software engineering to help us take on one of the world’s most extensive data sets and transform it into amazing products that feel like magic. You will work on cutting-edge AI applications and products. Brainstorming data product ideas with data scientists and engineers to build data products used by hundreds of millions people every day.
LOCATION: We are open to Fully Remote, Flex (1-3 days/week in the office), or Office-Based (4-5 days/week in office) work arrangements.
Depending on the team, responsibilities may include:
- Developing data infrastructure that ingest and transforms data from different sources and customers at scale.
- Building performant and scalable machine learning infrastructure to support data science needs for Clouds and across hundreds of thousands of Salesforce customers.
- Design, develop, bring to production at a large scale and support “intelligence” features on a world-class search service that serves millions of requests daily on a diverse corpus of data including structured, unstructured and social feeds.
- Weighing different architectural approaches in a way that balances data science flexibility with time to market, maintainability, cost, and scalability constraints.
- Develop new relevance features and techniques build upon the latest results from the research community.
What we care about:
- You have industry experience with writing production level code (e.g., Python, Golang, Scala, PySpark, Java) and taking ML models/ algorithms to production. We develop real products and you need to be an expert in coding.
- Preference for 5+ years of industry experience (without PhD); at least 4+ years of industry experience with PhD. This is not an entry level / new college graduate role.
- Self-starter who can see the big picture, and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business’ and customer’s vision and requirements.
- Excellent communication & leadership.
- We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience.
- We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems. Consistency / availability tradeoffs are made here. You’ve tinkered with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools (Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.) and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components such as HBase, DynamoDB, or similar.
- At least 4 years of hands-on professional industry experience in engineering positions focused on Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Recommendation systems or Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Learning to Rank.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Java, Golang, or Scala.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented design, advanced algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.
- Experience with building machine learning serving infrastructure, writing production level code, and deploying Machine Learning models to production.
- Master’s or PhD in a relevant field and/or experience in any of the following is highly regarded: Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science.
- Experience working with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development and Test Driven Development methodologies.
- Experience building data pipelines and data infrastructure that ingests and transforms data from different sources and customers at scale.
- Experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, multi-tenancy, and micro-services architecture.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $82,400. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/ .
You can find other info there as well- including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full breakdown!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top