To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau’s intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
The Server Cloud team has a need for a Senior Software Engineer (SMTS). The team successfully ported our popular Tableau Server product to Linux, making it Linux-native and delighting our customers. Building on that success, our team now focuses on two areas:
- Containerizing Tableau Server using Docker and Kubernetes to enable auto scaling and blue/green deployments; and
- Continuing to improve the Linux experience for customers using Server in their organization.
We are a multicultural team that welcomes diversity and works closely with one another, supporting each other through code reviews, shared debugging sessions, and mentorship. Through our products’ beta testing process, we have worked extensively with customers to ensure the product meets their needs.
- As a Software Engineering Lead Member of Technical Staff, you will be expected to:Lead the design and implementation of new features, Develop deep domain knowledge and teach others what you know, Understand and advocate for our team’s mission, and help build Tableau by participating in hiring loops.
- Work with a variety of languages throughout Tableau Server, including Java, C++, Bash scripts, Python, and more.
- Work with strong concentrations on Linux, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Increasingly work in the public cloud, especially AWS.
- You have 7+ years demonstrable experience developing services/features/platforms and are familiar with agile development methodologies.
- Understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people.
- Team focused: you will work extensively with your teammates, and with people across Tableau. Working as a team is a core value at Tableau.
- Quick learner: there is a lot to learn at Tableau, and you will be expected to pick things up quickly, with the help of documentation and your teammates.
- Mentorship: you receive mentorship eagerly, and you will be expected to mentor others.
- Customer delight: you are ready to work with and delight our customers, both directly, and helping other departments at Tableau who work directly with customers every day like Sales and Support.
- Linux: you know Linux and are eager to learn more.
- Containers: you have experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Cloud: you have some experience with cloud technologies and platforms or can pick it up fast.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.