Lead/Principal Backend Engineer
- Tel Aviv, Israel
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
You will have a technical lead role, that has a great impact on how we build, scale, and maintain AI applications that are used by hundreds of thousands of users on a monthly basis. You will impact architecture, designs, execution and provide mentorship to junior group members, and support them in their professional growth.
You’ll be part of Einstein. Our goal in Einstein is to build easy-to-use turnkey B2B AI applications, that simplify business processes, help to make business decisions, and create measurable value for the customer (some of the existing examples are Einstein Opportunity Scoring, Einstein Forecasting, and Einstein Campaign Attribution). Our AI solutions prioritize the best next steps, help to win more opportunities, help to make better decisions, increase forecast accuracy, and more. We partner with multiple clouds at Salesforce, including Sales, Service, Revenue, Marketing, and Industries. We serve thousands of Salesforce customers, including some of the largest ones. Our products deliver 80+ Billion predictions a day.
Who You’ll Work With:
Einstein is a global organization, with large groups both in Israel and the US. It is made up of data scientists, data, platform and DevOps engineers, and growth analysts who are dedicated to driving product strategy with data-driven insights. The team works with executives, product managers, designers, developers, user researchers, marketers, and sales strategy team members across all Cloud businesses to discover new opportunities for growth and optimization, experiment with data, drive adoption, and provide actionable insights that impact product strategy.
- Build, scale and maintain AI applications that are used by hundreds of thousands of users on a monthly basis
- Understand the customer/business requirements and translate them to elegant/flexible/easy-to-use capabilities
- Lead/Participate in Software Design and Architecture discussions of complex large scale systems
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with architects, product owners, engineers, user experience designers, and data scientists
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation goals
- Lead and mentor junior members of the group. Be a multiplier and have a passion for the team and team members’ success
- Take on hands-on complex code challenges
- Adopt, embrace, and promote agile and test-driven software development practices
- Make/Participate in critical decisions that attribute to the success of the applications and the underlying platform
- Be a vocal advocate for technical excellence and help the team members make sound decisions
Required Qualifications :
- 8+ years of hands-on experience building, scaling, and maintaining large scale, complex distributed systems in the SaaS space that scale for millions of users
- In-depth working knowledge of at least one object-oriented language (Python and Java). Our stack is mostly Python-based, with some services built-in Java
- Solid experience in developing/maintaining using public cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, GCP, or Heroku
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Self-driven with superior organizational and project management skills. Ability to work effectively in a distributed team setting and across time zones
- Ability to support/resolve production customer escalations with excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Data model design and familiarity with SQL and NoSQL
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, etc. from a data engineering perspective, and experience working with data scientists in taking models to production.
- Ability to cross-over to help on the Platform and DevOps side of things (CI/CD tools, Terraform, Automation, etc.)
- Experience in cross-geography work with US-based teams
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related STEM field (or equivalent work experience) with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top