To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Tableau is making big investments to bring the world’s leading analytics platform to some of the largest customers in the world.
The Edge Data Services (EDS) team’smission is to make sure that these customers can get to their data wherever it lives AND to bring the full set of Tableau’s capabilities to wherever they need to be.
As a Software Engineer in the EDS team, you will play an integral part in the design and development of our next generation microservices “bridging” network boundaries and delivering the full Tableau experience to the Edge.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
- Build scalable backend systems that support connecting Tableau’s customers with their data
- Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of our next-generation product.
- Tackle challenging engineering problems and provide world-class solutions.
- Take end-to-end ownership of the service(s)-- from architecture inception through implementation through running in production.
- Work with customers, Support and QA to resolve bugs and support issues.
Who you are…
- Self-starter. You are intrinsically motived and curious about learning. You are unintimidated by ambiguity or a hard problem and are always looking for ways to innovate, improve and raise the bar to deliver results .
- Passionate about design and architecture while remaining customer focus and adhere to agile principles of incremental delivery of value to customers.
- Enjoy collaborating, learning from, and teaching others so we can all become better developers.
- Are always looking for ways to innovate, improve, and raise the bar to deliver results
- Have 8+ years of experience building back-end for scalable distributed systems:
- Java, C++, python
- Spring framework, Webservices (REST), apache, haproxy
- Splunk, scripting (various)
- Have strong computer science fundamentals, great debugging and troubleshooting skills .
- Assume good intent in others, and actively do your part to make a positive work environmen t .
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent .
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.