To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
At Tableau, we are on a mission to help people see and understand data. We create intuitive and powerful analytics software that enables thousands of leading organizations and millions of people around the world to find insights in their data. The Augmented Analytics team is looking to advance us on this journey by putting the power of statistical analysis within reach to anyone with a data question.
Have you ever wondered what made some marks in your visualization high?
Are there some extreme values that led to them? Or, could it be that some data that is not even in the visualization impacted those marks? Maybe, there is something unique and non-obvious about some of these marks.
Join us on the journey to build solutions that will answer these and many similar questions and hence help users understand surprising patterns in their visualizations.
What you’ll be doing…
As a Lead Software Engineer on this team, you will
- Leverage and advance our unique statistical engine to incept, design and develop new capabilities in Tableau Desktop, Server, and Online (SaaS) products.
- Mentor other software engineers by demonstrating an unrelenting focus on engineering excellence.
- Advance your understanding of statistics and quantitative analysis.
- Develop in various programming languages including C++, Java, Typescript with React/Redux, and Python
Who you are…
- Experienced - writing code and a proven track record of shipping software. Experience developing at the system level and with numerical methods is highly valued.
- Versatile - You have the ability to quickly jump between different technologies and are comfortable working from the UI down to the lowest level of an application stack.
- Data Enthusiast - You believe in Tableau’s mission and are excited to play a part in it. Your interest in data extends beyond your work life.
- Quality mindset - You have exceptionally high quality standards. You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality.
- Intellectually Curious - You have a passion to continuously expand your areas of expertise, learning new ways to do things and understanding why things are the way they are.
- Passion for statistics – You are interested in statistics and eager to learn more about it. A formal education in statistics is an asset, but not a requirement.
- A True Team Player – You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and mentoring others. You make the people around you better.
- This role requires active collaboration with our other development offices and direct interaction with our customers. Successful candidates should be comfortable working with distributed teams.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.