To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Enterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We're Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too - driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good - you've come to the right place.
Salesforce - the leader in enterprise cloud computing and one of the top 10 places to work according to Fortune magazine - is seeking a Lead Incident Responder for our Computer Security Incident Response team (CSIRT).
The CSIRT is responsible for 24x7x365 security monitoring and rapid incident response across all Salesforce environments. We are the 'tip of the spear' and the last line of defense protecting company and customer data from our adversaries.
The Lead Incident Responder will manage the response to high severity incidents, act as a technical escalation point for the team of Incident Responders, and develop process improvement and automation.
This individual will also lead significant strategic projects, focused on enhancements to detection and incident response capabilities.
This position is with the AMERS CSIRT, a part of the Global CSIRT. As a result, on-call work (including overnight and weekends) is required on an as needed basis. The core hours for this position are 10:30AM EST - 6:30PM EST, Monday through Friday. Some positions are during this time and others will be a 4X10 working Sunday to Wednesday, or Wednesday to Saturday from 10AM EST - 8PM EST.
- 8+ years experience in the Information Security field, including operational security monitoring and incident response experience.
- System forensics/investigation skills across Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, including analyzing system artifacts (file system, memory, running processes, network connections) for indicators of infection/compromise.
- Familiarity responding to security incidents in various cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) with knowledge of relevant architectures, CI/CD, and logging.
- The ability to cross-functionally lead and manage the response to high priority, high visibility operational security issues including insider investigations, advanced adversaries, and web application attacks.
- The ability to build strong relationships with peers both internal and external to your functional group, and with peers/professional organizations outside your company.
- Strong technical understanding of the information security threat landscape (attack vectors and tools, best practices for securing systems and networks, etc.).
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to executive leadership.
- U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. Agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government.
- Subject matter expert in a domain (e.g. malware analysis, detection writing, forensics, cloud security, offensive security)
- Prior experience in a 24x7x365 operations environment.
- Demonstrated history of automation and capability uplift through tool development, SOAR, etc.
- Relevant information security certifications, such as SANS GCIH, SANS GPEN, SANS GFCA, Offensive Security OSCP, etc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.