To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Job Details Healthcare and Life Sciences (HLS) Engagement Director
Job Category Customer Success Group
Job Details The HLS Engagement Director plays the critical role for setting Healthcare and Life Science customers up for Success by prescriptively shaping and then leading the execution of large and transformational projects at our most strategic HLS customers. The HLS Engagement Director serves as a trusted advisor to Salesforce customers, providing guidance to Sales & Professional Services teams, ensuring synergies across each customer’s projects, and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Partnered with the Account team, the Engagement Director leads both pre and post sales activities, acting as the Delivery expert and leader across the portfolio of products and engaging other SMEs across the organization to develop and articulate comprehensive implementation proposals. The HLS Engagement Director will then maintain the executive relationships and act as an escalation point within these implementations in a billable capacity, ensuring tight stakeholder alignment, offering proactive and prescriptive advice resulting in outstanding Customer Success.
- Leading the development of client-specific implementation proposals, SOWs, staffing plans, engaging with SMEs across the organization to gain consensus on an acceptable proposal
- Aligning closely with the Account team and Services Sales teams to own pre-sales activities such as scoping, solutioning, SOW development and project staffing
- Provide the Professional Services team with Subject Matter Expertise related to the proposed solution and client needs in order to ensure successful project delivery
- Where appropriate and required for Customer Success, providing direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the engagement, acting as the escalation point for both the customer and Salesforce delivery teams
- Ensure that engagements conclude with fully satisfied clients that are willing to be references for new potential clients
- Manage multiple strategic clients simultaneously
- Proactively mitigate and manage critical escalations and at-risk accounts; communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external leaders and executives
Your Impact, as an HLS Engagement Director, you :
- Are internally and externally recognized as a business contributor
- Healthcare and Life Sciences thought leader or product specialist.
- Have a desire to focus your career on Payer, Provider, Medical Device, and/or Pharma industries
- Have a high level of knowledge of relevant technologies, competitive technical direction and product direction.
- The ability to take on additional leadership responsibilities to help drive the growth of the HLS Services business.
- Integrate research and emerging technologies into company product platforms.
- Determine methodologies and procedures on new assignments based on general direction from senior management.
- Work on issues and projects which have high complexity.
- Act as an advisor on complex issues and projects, exercising discretion and latitude in reaching project goals. Leads cross functional teams and mentors others.
Must Have Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience delivering and/or overseeing solutions on the Salesforce Platform
- 10+ years’ experience delivering consulting and professional services, including team leadership and active involvement in selling services
- 5+ years either serving or working directly in the Payer, Provide, Medical Device, or Pharma industries
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years’ operating in a pre-sales environment, shaping and scoping large and complex implementation projects
- 5+ years of enterprise-level project or program management experience
- Demonstrated technical and/or functional aptitude, and ability to engage with architects or SME into pre-sales activities.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in working in a client advisory role
- Demonstrated ability to influence a group audience, facilitate solutioning and lead discussions such as implementation methodology, Road mapping, Enterprise Transformation strategy, and executive-level requirement gathering sessions
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with open mind; great listener and hands-on
- LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic thinker; proficient at building strong relationships and managing personnel
- COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains areas of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- STORYTELLER: Confidently and effectively facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
- TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a multi-functional team
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture; a team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, transparency, and reliability
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
About Salesforce: Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $158,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.