To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
What you'll be doing…
The Director of Product Management will be the leading force in driving product management efforts in the Data organization, focused on our high performance, in-memory database, Hyper, and the extract management features that leverage it.You will be responsible for leading a team of Product Managers across three sites and two continents. You will demonstrate leadership in strategy, domain knowledge, roadmap creation and management, discovery, and agile backlog priority setting, to name but a few areas.
This role requires working closely with the Engineering teams to deliver products that delight our customers. You will provide strategic thinking and product management leadership, formulate a holistic strategy for each respective area that is aligned with the company’s overall mission to help customers see and understand data. You will be an internal and external evangelist for Tableaus products, and work directly with Sales, prospects, customers and partners to understand the state of the market.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include...
- Leadership and management of product managers including time management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Develop long-term strategic vision for product management within the Data product area.
- Deliver vision and requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Participate with strategic customers as a Tableau trusted advisor to ensure their success, manage escalations, requirements analysis and product planning activities.
- Foster a product management culture that is innovative, collaborative, curious, and focused on the customer and company mission.
- Lead and grow a great team with exceptional talent, identifying and mentoring internal leaders as we grow.
- Establish long-term plans that support overall company goals and mission, partnering with other development teams and teams across the company.
- Recruitment: Tableau hires company builders; employees are expected to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard, helping Tableau continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Who you are…
- Ability to build quick trust on teams, and approach problems from a curious, ready-to-learn perspective.
- Strong change manager. Comfortable with change, especially that which arises through company growth. Able to lead a team effectively through times of change.
- Demonstrated love for technology and keeping up with the rapid pace of advances in the field
- Data driven, an eager adopter of technology who is able to see the big picture value of analytics driven solutions.
- Possesses a high dose of common sense and impeccable communication skills high level of comfort in discussions with engineers and CEOs alike.
- Team player, recognizing that we go farther when we go together.
- Proven ability to define a clear vision and roadmap that is challenging, but achievable and motivating to your team.
- Track record of exceptional personal results, routinely setting and meeting commitments that are a stretch for others.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experienced people manager with4+ years in leading product management teams.
- 10+ years experience delivering software products used by internal and external end-users, ideally in a creative software area, and with experience across two or more of server, web/SaaS, desktop, and mobile.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $158,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.