Front End Technical Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Customer Success Group
Front End Technical Architect (Headless Commerce)
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World’s Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world.
We are seeking a Front End Technical Architect specializing in headless commerce to support the full implementation lifecycle of our headless Commerce solution, from scoping to deployment in an evolving ecosystem consisting of clients and solution partners. The Front End Technical Architect will be responsible for successfully designing and managing the delivery of headless B2C Commerce Cloud-based solutions and technologies. These technologies include but are not limited to, Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C (Digital), Mobify, other Salesforce.com services (i.e. Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud) and APIs, Lightning, Heroku, mobile development technologies, and integration/ETL technologies.
The Technical Architect will be responsible for maintaining, on an ongoing basis, a comprehensive understanding of the cloud-computing ecosystem. The Technical Architect will specialize in Commerce Cloud B2C but have the ability to develop cross-cloud solutions.
- Work closely with Clients, Colleagues (Delivery Managers and Functional Solution Architects) and Partners to clarify, define, and architect technology solutions to meet client needs. This includes a lead role in project discovery and definition workshops, creating scope and development estimates, and documenting requirements and designs.
- Design transformational technical solutions that meet business requirements in accordance with company and industry best practices
- Lead and mentor technical resources at Clients and or Partners.
- Advocate and implement best practice development methodology to drive quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Occasionally required to be hands-on with code, to develop POCs or help customers and partners with complex coding tasks.
- Collaborate with internal colleagues (sales, customer success, engineering, support, etc.) to help customers maximize the value of their Salesforce products and services.
- Identify and lead internal initiatives to grow the consulting practice; contribute to the overall knowledge base and expertise of the community.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS degree or foreign equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in developing technology solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in managing client-facing projects in positions of increasing responsibility in the context of systems development and related business consulting.
- Experience working with ecommerce backends like Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Experience working on a team building and maintaining a web application
- Specializes in gathering and analyzing information and designing comprehensive solutions that meet best practice standards and the client's needs.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Expert problem-solving skills
- Experience leading others in the analysis of complex problems, and the design and implementation of related solutions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to learn quickly to leverage new concepts, technologies, and solutions.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Cutting edge innovator who continually studies new technologies and functionality, and is involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed (average of 30-50%), but maybe higher or lower based on the engagement.
- PASSION: Passionate about Customer Success
- BEGINNERS MIND: Always learning; approaches each interaction with an open mind; great listener and hands-on
- LEADERSHIP: Self-aware and strategic thinker; proficient at building strong relationships
- COMMUNICATOR: Speaks and writes with clarity, brevity, and purpose; explains area of expertise clearly and confidently to others; influences and engages C-Level with authority and confidence
- STORYTELLER: Confidently and effectively facilitates and presents; ably defends point-of-view; keeps audiences engaged and delivers a clear and memorable message
- TEAM PLAYER: Proficient at collaboration and working with members of a team
- URGENCY: Ability to move fast and drive business value and results
- OHANA: Embodies Aloha culture; a team player that everyone enjoys working with and has a generous heart
- TRUST: Trusts the company’s core values; shows integrity, transparency, and reliability
- ADAPTABLE: Excels in high levels of uncertainty and change
- COMMUNITY CHAMPION: Leads internal initiatives; actively contributes to the Community’s knowledge and resource base
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top