Financial Analyst, Finance & Strategy
- Indianapolis, IN
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Finance and Operations
The Finance & Strategy team is the global champion for smart growth & operational alignment - delivering financial predictability & control, business accountability, insight to optimize decisions and resources, and shareholder success. We serve as a trusted advisor to the business to help inform and guide decision making through business partner support and innovative and insightful analyses. We are looking for bright, goal oriented individuals that will succeed in a fast-paced environment and thrive in building and improving process that will allow the company to scale with growth.
The Finance & Strategy team leverages Budgetforce, a Salesforce budgeting tool, to plan, forecast and execute spend within 1% of the department budget. This role will be responsible for developing a scalable financial and business partner support model of this tool across multiple departments in Salesforce. The primary goal of this role will be to leverage established best practices and scale them to additional departments within Salesforce. This role will also support the quarterly forecasting, spend management and reconciliation for various departments. This position will report to the Manager, Finance & Strategy through the AMER Center of Excellence.
- Utilize Budgetforce capabilities to scale variable budget planning, forecasting and execution at scale.
- Leverage Budgetforce reporting and dashboard capabilities to manage the support structure of monthly, quarterly and annual spend status and analyses for organizations utilitizing Budgetforce and the respective Finance & Strategy business partner.
- Build and maintain a trusted relationship with business partners.
- Support business partners to effectively plan and execute budgets within 1% of quarterly target.
- Assist in monthly and quarterly reconciliations of budgets to 1%.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance & Strategy, Accounting, Sourcing, and other business partners as necessary, to ensure alignment and expense accuracy.
- Support teams in developing the annual business plan by providing required data trends, reports and insights for the various department’s functions and regions.
- Bachelor's degree required, Business, Finance or Accounting concentration preferred
- 1+/3+ years of FP&A , or relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel, required
- Experience with the following systems - Google Suite, Hyperion, Oracle, Business Objects
- Understanding of GAAP, SOX and expense recognition principles.
- Experience building financial and decision support models, along with strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Passion for process improvement and challenging the status quo
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy in completion of tasks
- Experience with managing and reconciling spend to budgets.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to work cross functionally and an ability to influence at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to explain complex issues in an understandable way
- Intellectual curiosity, fueled by a proactive approach to continuously expand one’s skillset
- Highly motivated, self-aware, collaborative, and responsive
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top