To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
Job Category Intern
Job Title: Finance Trainee
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
This is your time to shine!
Salesforce is looking for a Graduate to support its FINANCE team in EMEA. The successful candidate will become part of a 3 year graduate program with an 18 month rotation in each of Finance and Strategy and the Controllership.
You will work closely with Analysts and Directors to support all stages of our business planning, develop in-depth analyses and build reporting tools to track the performance of the business, generate actionable insights for our sales leaders and assist on a number of transformational initiatives.
If you have a strong analytical and consultative mind-set, this is a great start for your career. We don’t want our trainees to sit on the side-lines and enjoy the view - we want you to change the way our customers connect their business to the world!
You will be based in Dublin under a 3 year contract with a view to a permanent position within Salesforce after that time, upon evaluation of your performance and contribution to the Finance team.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Support the Annual Planning process for the functional groups (i.e. Sales and Marketing)
- Participate in the Quarterly Rolling Forecast Process (Outlook)
- Assist with “In-Quarter” review sessions to identify budget surpluses/deficits
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting; analyzing financial results, identifying trends
- Assist with ad-hoc requests from business partners and support decision-making
- Help identifying and implementing process and systems improvements to enhance efficiency, controls and scalability of operations.
- Manage select key close closing processes (US GAAP group reporting), preparing, documenting entries and preparing related balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Support the integration of newly acquired companies into the Salesforce accounting structure
- Actuals variances analysis and explanation, (month over month, Quarter over Quarter and Year over Year) for select areas of the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Monitor compliance with Corporate Accounting Instructions and applicable Financial Policies
- Maintain operational procedures as per SOX defined controls
- Liaise with external and internal auditors preparing and providing required documentation and explanation as par of the group integrated audit.
Keys skills and experience required include:
- Graduate/ soon to be graduate student looking for 36 month placement
- Degree an analytical discipline such as engineering, computer science, business administration, commerce, economics, finance, etc.
- Fluency in English is required, ability to conduct business in another European language is beneficial but not required.
- Relevant experience beneficial
- Entrepreneurial drive and a “getting things done” attitude to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Interest in Finance/Tax and how this impacts the business
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Business Intelligence tools would be a plus.
- An outgoing, open personality with a desire to learn and develop
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven, dynamic environment
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies according to Forbes, and one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For seven years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.