Distributed Systems Engineer-LMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Job description Our data security engineering teams architect, develop, and operate the distributed systems that permit Salesforce to build secure services. Whether in our own data centers or the public cloud, we do not succeed unless we enable both security and agility. Intense focus on the developer ecosystem lets us curate that experience to increase productivity. We value security, healthy commit-to-deploy latency, growing our customer base, and exceeding SLA targets.
Secrets management is a cornerstone of enterprise cloud security. We are looking for brilliant engineers who are interested in distributed systems and in helping us to build a world class Secrets Management solution across Salesforce.
- You eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt.
- You have a magical touch for improving existing systems (and you can quantify the improvements with automated metrics). You can express a new design in code, deliver it to production, and plan for ownership succession. You know that the difficult part of the programmer's job lies in reading and comprehending the code of others - not in authoring new code.
- Peter Parker has a spidey sense - so do you. Your sense informs you when something can be made simpler, when an idea can be expressed more succinctly, more readable. You can translate these intuitions into understandable lessons for your peers and mentees. You can write a manifesto on YAGNI. And seal it with a KISS.
- You love giving and receiving code reviews. You sweat the details. You authored (or improved upon) the coding standards guide for your team.
- Lots of engineers know their powers of two or the first 9 digits of pi. You have that covered, and you know how many seconds of downtime are permitted per day and per week for a three, four, or five 9s SLA.
- You have deep familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design.
- Building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware is exciting to you, and you know that the code is the infrastructure.
- Possibly you were not "born in the cloud," but it is where you grew up. Designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple data centers is your daily life.
- You haven't just used, but have built and operated the distributed platforms that define cloud-scale infrastructure.
- Design, implement, test, and deliver features in our multi-substrate Secrets Management platform to be used across Salesforce
- Focus on security throughout the development process as Trust is Salesforce’s #1 value
- Work with customers and support to resolve bugs and support issues
- Understand the customer/business requirements and translate them to elegant/flexible/easy-to-use platform capabilities
- Lead and mentor junior members of the team
- Be a multiplier; Have a passion for working together as a team and ensuring team members’ succeed
- 8+ years software engineering experience
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- The creativity to simplify and the backbone to demand excellence from your peers
- Experience with Golang, C++ and/or Java in a data center environment
- Experience owning and operating mission critical services
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience influencing horizontally, leading by example and not by authority
- Experience in cloud computing technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in building security services
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top