Distributed System Engineer-LMTS/PMTS
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Our Security Software Engineering team builds and operates highly scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems to deliver cloud-scale security software services. We provide the fundamental building blocks to improve and preserve customer trust in Salesforce's products across multiple public cloud substrates and our own network infrastructure. We leverage many open source technologies, including big data, machine learning, no-SQL database, container, Kubernetes, Istio to architect and implement our services, to protect Salesforce products/infrastructure and defend against malicious attacks. Our products' massive complexity requires our software engineers to be highly adaptive to new technology and methodologies, and having the strong ability to deliver reliable software services under pressure. Prior security knowledge is not strictly required.
X.509 digital certificates are a cornerstone of enterprise cloud security. The Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) team is looking for a talented principal engineer who is willing to dive deep in building a high available, scalable and reliable PKI services and be a part of the exciting journey of building a world class Public Key Infrastructure engineering at Salesforce. You will have an opportunity to work on one or more foundational services under the umbrella of Public Key Infrastructure, such as, Certificate Authority service, Registration Authority service, Online Certificate Status Protocol Responder service, Security Token Service as well as Certificate Transparency Log service.
As a Principal engineer on the PKI team, your responsibilities include -
- Evaluate the PKI service availability, scalability and reliability bottlenecks in the existing PKI services and drive the technical road map to build a highly available, scalable and reliable PKI services.
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs
- Drive execution and delivery by collaborating with cross functional teams, architects, product owners and engineers.
- Analyze, design and develop test cases and implement automated test suites
- Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior team members
- 8 to 15 rs experience in Software engineering.
- Masters / Bachelors degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
- Experience building and running distributed systems at scale
- Experience working on a product that’s been released for public consumption
- Experience and passion for service ownership, building reliable and self-healing services
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- Experience working in a devops environment
- Value team excellence over individual productivity
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in cloud computing technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in Java, Go, k8s, Nginx, Git, S3
- Experience in building security services.
- Experience in Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience in Identity and Access Management
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top