Devops Engineer/Senior Devops Engineer/Lead Devops Engineer
- Hyderabad, India
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Salesforce powers some of the largest companies on the globe with its core CRM offering. Millions of connections are made from the Salesforce platform to destinations in other Salesforce properties as well as external destinations. A key component of the underlying infrastructure includes network software components built by the Connectivity and Edge teams for optimal and secure handling of traffic flows.
The Connectivity and Edge team is looking to add strong DevOps engineers who can help us in our growth to a multi-cloud and highly available global network infrastructure. Our software stack is based on leading edge open source software such as ETCD, BIRD, Open vSwitch, Envoy, Nginx and Squid. We are well underway on the path to transforming our software toward cloud native primitives that can run across multiple platform substrates.
You are the ideal candidate if you have a passion for live site service ownership. You have demonstrated a strong ability to manage large distributed systems. You are comfortable with troubleshooting complex production issues that span multiple disciplines. You bring a solid understanding of how infrastructure software components work. You are able to automate tasks using a modern high level language. You have good written and spoken communication skills.
Some attributes of successful candidates :
- Experience and passion for service ownership - owning a production service and ensuring its availability and health.
- Experience operating large scale distributed systems, especially in cloud environments
- Debug skills with the ability to learn new techniques in complex distributed systems
- Familiar with public cloud services with AWS and Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with domain specific languages such as Terraform, Spinnaker
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker and modern CI/CD technologies
- Good knowledge with network technologies, such as TCP/IP, DNS, BGP, IPSec, TLS termination, HTTP proxies, HTTP caching
- Experience operating popular open source components such as ETCD, REDIS, Nginx, Envoy, BIRD, OpenVSwitch, Libreswan on Linux or Unix-like operating systems
- Good automation skills in a high level language such as Python or GoLang
- 6+ years of operational experience
- Experience with Python or Golang or other high level language in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Experience owning and operating a mission critical service in production
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Back to top