Client Solution Engineer, MuleSoft Public Sector and State and Local
- Atlanta, GA
- Seattle, WA
- San Francisco, CA
- Flexible / Remote
- Chicago, IL
- Bellevue, WA
- Reston, VA
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Sales
MuleSoft is looking for a motivated Solutions Consultant to join our very hardworking and collaborative Pre-Sales Solutions Consulting team, who are instrumental to MuleSoft’s growth in the Public Sector region. As a Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant, you will act as a trusted advisor to our prospective government customers by proving how MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform can bring their digital investments and legacy systems together into an application network, allowing for faster change and innovation. You will partner closely with Account Executives throughout the end-to-end sales cycle to qualify sales opportunities with regards to customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding. Through strong, developed relationships with the client’s IT staff and C-Level executives, you will leverage their deep technical expertise to align the client’s technical requirements to business outcomes.
- What you’ll achieve:
- Become certified in MuleSoft’s Developer trainings
- Complete MuleSoft’s Kickstart sales training
- Begin to build your architecture reframe and white-boarding skills through shadowing and customer-scenario role playing
- Build a Self Service Asset on a MuleSoft technical topic of interest
- Become certified in all Product, Architecture, and Sales Messaging trainings
- Successfully deliver your Self Service asset by end of second quarter
- Deliver product presentations and demonstrations that are tailored to the client’s technical requirements and audience
- Develop Proofs of Concept (PoCs) as part of an account team to demonstrate the art of the possible
- Put all the pieces together to “perfect your craft” by closing deals
- Partner with Accounts Executives on account planning and strategy and support marketing with evangelism activities (writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, speaking at industry events, etc.)
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Pre-Sales enterprise software experience, skillset to establish trust with clients, and ability to influence key decision makers in the sales cycle
- Considerable experience selling to Public Sector customers (3-5 years)
- Familiarity with Public Sector budgeting guidelines and procurement systems & protocols
- Understanding of federal architecture and security guidelines and regulations (FIPS 140-2, FedRAMP, FISMA, DODAF, etc.)
- Hands on experience with middleware, integration architecture patterns, web services technologies, enterprise messaging patterns, APIs, SOA, ESB, BPM etc.
- Hands on Java development experience and ability to code and debug against Java APIs is preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies - iPaaS, SaaS applications, cloud infrastructure, etc. - is preferred
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and responding to functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs independently and optimally
- Ability to lead architectural discussions
- A passion for technology and translating that passion into business impact for customers
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours throughout the sales territory
What you’ll get from us:
We realize exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success so you can do your best work. As a Muley, you’ll receive comprehensive health benefits, life insurance, paid parental leave, 401K, equity, and flexible vacation time. Plus the fun stuff, like volunteer opportunities, MeetUp, our annual all-company offsite in California, and most offices have a fully stocked kitchen and regular catered lunches. Check out our Life at MuleSoft page to learn more
A Salesforce company Our mission is to help organizations change and innovate faster by making it easy to connect the world’s applications, data, and devices. Companies like Spotify, McDonald’s, and Unilever rely on MuleSoft to stay agile, deliver faster, and make the most of their IT investment with API-led connectivity. Hiring outstanding people who want to build a great company together is our number one priority, and we’re committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace where everyone is supported and inspired to do their best work. We work diligently to build this phenomenal environment, and we’re proud to have been named the #1 Top Workplace in the Bay Area and the best place to work 6 years in a row.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top