Associate/Senior/Staff/Lead Technical Writer
- Atlanta, GA
- Boston, MA
- Seattle, WA
- Burlington, MA
- San Francisco, CA
- Denver, CO
- Cambridge, MA
- Redmond, WA
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Hi, we’re the Salesforce Content Experience team. Please allow us to introduce ourselves.
Technical writers at Salesforce produce documentation and content experiences that help customers get the most out of the product. We work closely with other writers, product managers, engineers, and the User Experience team in an Agile development environment to produce interactive training (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en), in-app assistance, help, guides, and videos for administrators, users, and developers.
- We’re passionate about creating awesome docs of all sorts for our customers, from UI text to walkthroughs, from online help to Trailhead modules, from release notes to developer guides, and from videos to implementation guides.
- Based in San Francisco, we’re also spread around North America. Shout out to Brooklyn, Rhode Island, Virginia, Florida, Seattle, Portland, rural eastern Oregon, Fresno, San Diego, and Vancouver!
- We’re serious about the stuff a doc team should be serious about—like developing a smart content strategy and constantly looking for new and better ways to get our users the info they need when and where they need it.
But enough about us! Let’s talk about you.
Our ideal team member:
- You have 2+ (associate) to 10+ (Lead+) years of technical writing experience
- You have experience making challenging, complex ideas, concepts, and tasks understandable and appealing to diverse audiences. Maybe that means you have past experience as a technical or marketing writer, or maybe it means you come from the world of teaching, curriculum development, scientific journalism, or some other realm.
- You have a creative side that is just dying to be expressed. We want to push the envelope on authoring engaging and inspiring text that gives our users moments of delight without irritating them. Your creative writing degree will finally come in handy.
- You know that being a technical writer involves way more than just putting pen to paper (or, well, fingers to keyboard). You should dig into the stuff you’re writing about so you understand not just how it works, but why it matters to the people using it. You serve as the voice of our users when collaborating with scrum teams. You figure out the best way to get customers the info they need, and you find ways of connecting with the folks who use our docs to get their feedback.
- You have the flexibility and openness to adopt our style, processes, and practices, but aren’t afraid to suggest improvements that benefits our writers, our collaborators, or our customers.
- You enjoy working in a team, and have the people and communication skills to do that well. You can also prioritize time to work independently.
- You love writing for different audiences, from end users to admins to developers. You may have your favorite kind of user, but you can write content that will be engaging and informative for anyone.
- You know how to gracefully accept feedback. Many folks across Salesforce have strong opinions about the experience we present to customers. You’ll need to know when to push back on feedback you disagree with and when to adopt.
We’d love it if you can write about AI and machine-learning-based applications, and/or know the tools, technologies, and practices we use on the doc team, such as:
- Source control software such as Perforce.
- An XML editor like Oxygen.
- DITA/structured writing.
- Peer editing.
- The Agile approach to development.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $65,000. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top