Android Engineer - Quip
- San Francisco, CA
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Are you interested in working on the next generation of collaboration software? Our goal at Quip is to build a new class of productivity tool that every person at every company enjoys using every single day. What we’re looking for: expert engineers with a track record of developing mobile applications for Android.
We work closely with Product Managers and Designers to define new features, and help map the future of Quip. We’re building the next generation of products leveraging frameworks, such as React, and tackling complex problems related to large-scale backend infrastructure and mobile platforms. We’re building a team of talented, thoughtful people who will work together to build an enduring company that will change the way teams work together.
What we look for:
- Excellent software engineering talent
- Expertise and interest in designing, building, and maintaining features and libraries on Android
- Experience with web applications, databases, distributed systems or iOS is a plus
- Passion for learning and working with others to improve yourself, the team, the product, the company
What you'll do:
- Build breakthrough features for enterprise that users will love across mobile, web, desktop - with a focus on design and usability
- Prototype and build innovative features using the newest APIs and SDKs on the Android platform
- Solve complex business problems while ensuring the product is highly scalable, secure and performant
- Grow and scale our product and servers, applying the latest technologies and best practices
- Mentor your peers or be mentored by your peers in various in-house mentorship roles and challenge yourself to grow. We value continuous growth!
Who you'll work with:
We are a group of talented, empathetic people from various backgrounds where trust and teamwork are a given. We pride ourselves in thoughtful communication and individual ownership. We push hard to make Quip better everyday while maintaining a healthy balance to leave time for our hobbies, family, pets, or whatever else is important.
What it's like to work here:
- We provide small company impact combined with Salesforce generous benefits
- Most employees (including our founder) leave by 5:30pm
- We seek out opportunities to send people to training for both technical and leadership skills
- We actively work on ways to be more inclusive in our culture and in our hiring
- Currently, 30% of our engineers are women
- Regular team charity outings, plus 7 days of volunteer time off (VTO) per year
Want to learn more? Visit our website and meet our team!
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top