Our Summer Internship program dates will be from May/June 2022 through August/early September 2022. Interns will have the opportunity to work in Housekeeping, Front Office, Food & Beverage, Spa, Recreation, or Culinary. During your internship, you will have the opportunity to shadow in each department.
Transportation and housing is provided for this program (details will be discussed during initial interview)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Follow Forbes/AAA/Salamander service standards.
• Ensures a “positive atmosphere” in all outlets including making contact with 100% of guests, members, and employees on a regular basis.
• Meets and greets customers in the outlets.
• Complies with resort policies, procedures, and standards of operation.
• Assist in the completion of reports on production and necessary requisitions.
• Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, checking in guests, luggage service, valet vehicles, guest room requests, and general clerical/cashier and administrative duties.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
• Constantly observes quality service standards.
• Effectively handles customer concerns.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college and majoring/minoring in the Hospitality & Tourism, Food and Beverage, Travel & Tourism or related field of study.
• Must have a valid state driver’s license for certain positions that require driving company or guest vehicles, with a clean driving record.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Must be able to read, write and converse in English.
• Must be able to lead groups of people in variety of activities.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors based on business demands; in temperatures ranging from extreme cold to extreme heat.
• Works on special projects and contributes ideas to the growth of the department.
• Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Walking and standing are required for the majority of the work day and possibly for 8 hours or more. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• May be required to lift trays of food or luggage weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull carts, luggage and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Perks and Benefits
Financial And Retirement
- 401(k) with company matching
- relocation assistance
Health And Wellness
- health insurance
- dental insurance
- vision insurance
- life insurance
- short-term disability
- long-term disability
- FSA with employer contribution
Office Life And Perks
- company outings
- tuition reimbursement
- shadowing opportunities
- access to online courses
- promote from within
Vacation And Time Off
- leave of absence
- paid vacation
- paid holidays
- personal/sick days