Summer 2021 Internship Program
- Middleburg, VA
Our Summer Internship program dates will be from May/June 2021 through August/September 2021. Interns will be paid the same hourly rate as full time employees in their respective departments/job positions. Transportation and housing is not provided for this program, all selected students must have reliable transportation to and from work assignments and housing for the duration of the program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensure availability of manpower, supplies, and equipment to ensure positive guest experience.
• Shadow the management team with hiring, scheduling, supervision and control of department staff.
• Ensures a “positive atmosphere” in all outlets including making contact with 100% of guests, members, and employees on a regular basis.
• Assists in creating daily floor plans and rotations for each outlet. Ensure coverage and monitor timekeeping and absenteeism making necessary adjustments in the best interest of the company.
• Attend meetings and conduct ongoing training of employees to ensure that employees continue to improve their performance.
• Must be familiar with commonly accepted standards of etiquette and decorum relating to service.
• Meets and greets customers in the outlets.
• Responsible for the daily supervision and maintenance of product quality and service to our guests.
• Maintains the facility, physical equipment; submits and follows up on work orders to ensure completion of projects.
• Maintains clean and organized storage areas.
• Complies with resort policies, procedures, and standards of operation.
• Assist in the completion of reports on production and necessary requisitions.
• Assist in regulation of distribution of necessary supplies.
• Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests, checking in guests, luggage service, valet vehicles, guest room requests, and general clerical/cashier and administrative duties.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
• Constantly observes quality service standards.
• Effectively handles customer concerns.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be entering your Sophomore, Junior or Senior year Fall 2021 and majoring/minoring in the Hospitality & Tourism, Food and Beverage, Travel & Tourism or related field of studies.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends evenings and holidays.
• Must be able to read, write and converse in English.
• Must be able to lead groups of people in variety of activities.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors based on business demands; in temperatures ranging from extreme cold to extreme heat.
• Works on special projects and contributes ideas to the growth of the department.
• Temperature generally is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Walking and standing are required for the majority of the work day and possibly for 8 hours or more. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• May be required to lift trays of food or luggage weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull carts, luggage and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Back to top