Senior Sales Manager
- Middleburg, VA
Plan, solicit, book and coordinate group meetings to enable the hotel to meet and/or exceed revenue goals in rooms and food and beverage.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
60% Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through prospecting, emailing, referrals, etc. to maximize room and banquet revenues. Target and pursue new developing markets which make business sense for the resort, to include attending industry events, networking in the community, and visiting clients as necessary.
20% Plan, up sell and detail the meeting/function with the client, including space requirements, times, billing instructions, etc. Complete the contracts, prepare areas in the hotel, and resolve any issues, complaints, and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
10% Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings.
5% Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers
5% Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
• Participate as a team player with all departments.
• Provide constructive feedback to all departments.
• Be a leader and a role model to all employees.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Five (5) or more years of Luxury hotel / resort experience required
Must be 21 years of age or older.
Direct sales experience preferred.
Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Ability to identify and develop accounts
Extensive knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to sales
Knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
Must possess basic computational ability.
Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, accounting programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Delphi, and Meeting Matrix.
Excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
Exceptional organizational and supervisory skills.
Exceptional food and beverage knowledge and pricing.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This includes traveling to and from meetings. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Back to top