Enjoying a sophisticated ambiance and fabulous setting, Gold Cup Wine Bar is a relaxing venue for cocktails and delicious fare. Serving lunch and dinner, Gold Cup offers delectable menu options, the best of Virginia’s wines, signature cocktails and much more.
Gold Cup Wine Bar is looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to join or 5 Star service team! The Restaurant Manager will manage all aspects of the front of house operations to deliver high level of guest satisfaction and superior experiences to all guests. Overall responsibilities include handling guest satisfaction, compliance with hotel standards, controlling the budget, recruiting and training staff on service standards, menu knowledge, and overall flow between kitchen and front of house.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Responsible for the hiring, termination, coaching, recruiting, and developing of all service professionals.
• Handle guest complaints
• Monitor set up and maintenance of dining room area to ensure that it is up to standard.
• Monitor and ensure availability of staffing levels, supplies such as china/glass/silver, and equipment such as tables and chairs are up to standard for both guest and service professional’s safety
• Scheduling, supervision and control of supervisors, servers , culinary concierges, bartenders, food runners, and server assistants on a weekly basis to business and budget demands
• Ensures a “positive atmosphere” in all outlets including making contact with 100% of guests, Service Professionals throughout each shift
• Ensures coverage and monitors timekeeping and absenteeism and making the necessary adjustments in the best interest of the company or at the direction of Director of Restaurants
• Attend and lead all pre-meal meetings and conduct ongoing training to ensure that service professionals continue to improve their performance, knowledge of product offerings throughout the hotel and other departments
• Must be familiar with commonly demonstrate a high standard of all products and systems while being fair to each service professional
• Meets and greets customers in the outlets and to oversee the open table guest profile system
• Maintains clean and organized storage areas, service stations, and dining room
• Complies with resort policies, procedures, and standards of operation
• Assist in the completion of reports on production and necessary requisitions for staffing needs, supplies, and product mix reviews to enhance the experience for all guest
• Oversee and to manage all aspects of the training programs with in the outlets at all times for all service professionals and new hires
• Handle disgruntled customers by offering suggestions and solutions to ensure guest satisfaction as the ultimate priority
• Control of Food and Beverage areas: checks all areas for maintenance requirements and to see through the completion of repairs through follow-up with the Director Engineering and Director of Restaurants
• Ensures correct billing to all accounts and for all payments taken
• Ensures that the outlet maintains the integrity of a responsible vendor of alcohol
• Constantly monitor inventory items to ensure proper tracking and accountability for those items. Oversee the month end inventory as it relates to the outlet
• Ability to multitask and handle high demands of stress and workloads at any given time
• During any time off ensure coverage is acceptable with Director of Restaurants
• Recommend and to oversee the roll out of any new standards set for by hotel or Director of Food and Beverage
• Assign server sections, side duties, closing duties for each shift
• Expectations for Dining Room Manager is to be present of the floor at all times during each shift
• Foster a healthy and working relationship with the BOH while maintaining a high standard for quality of food and presentation
• Attend weekly Food and Beverage Meetings led by the Director of Food and Beverage.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Must be able to work a varied schedule which includes working weekends and holidays.
• Preferred: Degree in Hotel Management/Restaurant Management or equivalent experience
• Two to Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in high volume and/or formal fine dining establishment
Salamander offer great benefits for Full Time and Part Time:
- Health & Welfare
- 401 K Retirement plan/ Full-Time and Part-Time Service Professionals are eligible
- Dental and Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Access Privileges & Discount Programs for employees, friends & family discounts on room stays at all Salamander locations.
- Discounts on dining, retail, spa, golf, and other hotel & resort amenities
- Free meals
We invite you to explore joining this friendly, diverse and enthusiastic team of professionals, striving to provide the very best in service and driven to maintain Forbes 5-Star status, a catalyst that has catapulted this spectacular resort into one of the world's most coveted and elite destinations.
Please apply online at: salamanderresorts.com/careers
·“Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”