- Destin, FL
Take reservations via the telephone, email, mailed correspondence, rooming lists, internet and in-house requests. Enter the information into the Property Management System (PMS) and confirm back to guest.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Answer all incoming calls in a friendly and efficient manner. Provide guests with the requested information concerning the hotel and its service as well as the surrounding area. Obtain the necessary information from the guests and enter it into the PMS computer system. Must be effective in sales and up-selling and follow up.
• Process all incoming reservations received via phone, email, internet, rooming lists, mailed or in-house correspondence, housing bureau forms, or facsimiles. Email or regular mail confirmations and literature requests. Reply via email, facsimile or mail when requested.
• Maintain applicable information in NAVIS, ensuring information and is accurate and calls are coded correctly.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the resort:
• Block special request reservations VIP reservations and/or group assignments.
• Make tee time reservations for guests in resort's tee time system.
• Maintain be able to maintain and organize both hotel and guest information, whether on computer or regular file system.
• Set up appropriate group and/or individual billing requests.
• Answer questions concerning reservations for employees of other departments including but not limited to Front Office, Sales, Convention Services, and Executive Office.
• Maintain a clean and well-organized workstation.
• File daily reservations and other correspondence.
High school diploma or equivalent; One year experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
• Desire to participate as part of a team.
• Complete knowledge of hotel rooms and meeting related services available to guests.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers exercising patience, tact and diplomacy.
• Must possess proficient computational ability.
• Must possess proficient computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, as well as internet.
• Operate Internet Reservation service and Property Management Systems for the purposes of creating, changing, pre-blocking and canceling reservations. Maintain room and rate integrity on all online booking sources as well as Call Center.
• Comprehension of the reservation sales process.
• Analytical approach to problem solving.
• May be required to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing may be required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
Back to top