Responsible for the receipt, verification, and processing of all goods received by the Resort.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Accept delivery log and communicate all deliveries according to hotel policies and procedures.
Verify count and condition of all hotel orders delivered against approved Purchase Orders.
Assist hotel staff to resolve discrepancies with goods ordered.
Compile regular statistical data pertaining to key processes.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Process requisitions requested by departments during storeroom operating hours.
• Process the receipt of all goods and guest packages according to hotel policies and
• Read group resumes to anticipate group receiving needs prior to arrival.
• Store and organize received goods.
• Practice proper lifting procedures and safe handling of equipment.
• Practice security procedures to limit loss or damage of goods.
• Keep receiving dock and office clean and orderly throughout the day.
• Maintain inventory of operating supplies (office and shipping).
• Perform daily and monthly food and beverage inventories
• Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
One to two years of shipping and/or receiving experience preferred. Previous Food and Beverage experience and warehouse experience preferred
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk’ use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and length of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Organizational skills for sorting and rotating products.
• Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to stand 75% of shift.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Must be able to life 50+ pounds multiple times a day.
• Work in extreme heat and cold 10-15% of time