- Destin, FL
Responsible for supporting the day to day operations of the Pastry/Bakery department by successfully preparing the required products for the Food & Beverage and Banquet operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Participate in creating daily specials.
• Make certain that you have all the supplies necessary to execute service.
• Ensure all equipment (ovens, grills, burners, and fryers) ready for use.
• Prepare the storeroom requisition for items needed.
• Check par amount and ensure that line is ready for service. The difference of actual par is the amount needed to prep.
• Communicate production progress to the Pastry Chef or chef on duty.
• Create professional working relationships with all Reunion employees.
• Attend Meetings as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 2 years of pastry cook experience in comparable environments.
• Culinary or Pastry Arts degree desired.
• Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
• Must be a self-motivator.
• Must work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Serve Safe, Sanitation and HACCP proficiency.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Be able to work in a hot, cold, wet, humid, and loud environment for long periods of time.
• Be able to reach, stoop, bend and lift up to 40 lbs.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
Back to top