Market Salamander Attendant
- Middleburg, VA
Assist guests with food handling and retail purchases.
Greet guests, assist in food ordering, delivering of food and cleaning up after guests meals.
Have extensive knowledge of both our menu as well as all retail merchandise.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
o Maintain the overall appearance of merchandise as well as the retail and indoor and outdoor café space.
o Ensure that extra storage of merchandise is consolidated and kept organized so that items are easy to locate.
• Interface with customers to ring sales, explain merchandise and handle any complaints and returns.
• Maintain flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Senior Operations Manager
• Must be 16 years of age or older.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Previous food and Beverage and Retail and cash handling experience preferred
• May be required: to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; to write routine reports and correspondence; to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
• May be required: to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• May be required: to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Ability to read and speak Spanish is preferred, but not required, in order to communicate with Spanish speaking co-workers or customers.
• Thorough knowledge and/or additional education in wines preferred.
• Frequently stands (at least 6 hours per day) and uses hands to finger, feel or handle, reaches with hands and arms, talks or hears.
• Occasionally walks, sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawlsor crouches.
• Regularly walks up 2 flights of stairs.
• Regularly lifts up to 20 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Back to top