Maintenance Engineer (Evenings)
- Destin, FL
Perform general repairs in and around hotel as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Under direction of the Assistant Chief Engineer or Chief Engineer, perform general repair and maintenance of any and all equipment found in and around the hotel.
• Specific work areas will be assigned as needed to each employee, based on skill level and experience.
• Accurate record keeping on assigned tasks is required.
• Ensure that all safety systems are operable.
• Respond to guest room calls as required.
• In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Assist other departmental craft workers as required.
• Perform all duties required as Fire Alarm Response Team.
BASIC REQUIRED SKILLS
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have all around skills and be able to make minor electrical, plumbing, a/c, painting, and wallpaper and carpentry repairs.
• Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness.
• May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
• Machine operators: (without inspection), mechanics, skilled trades people. Works with lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach. Also, mechanics and skilled trades people and those who do work of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
• Mobile equipment operators: those who operate cars, trucks, cranes, forklifts and high lift equipment.
• The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
• The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Must have minimum of three years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
Back to top