Adhere and follow F&B culture and vision in accordance to F&B core values. Supervise the daily operations of the outlet and ensure adherence to standards. Be visibly present in the department during service and make note of feedback from guests/customers. Manage staff and all daily outlet operations. Assist the IRD Manager with administrative tasks as necessary. Ensure food and beverage cost is within budgeted number for the respectful area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Circulate in the department, continually checking with the service staff and telephone attendants to ensure that everything is to the guests’ satisfaction. Handle guests’ complaints and make sure all issues are addressed and resolved. Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of in room dining room area to ensure that it is up to standard. Control organization of IRD orders and check all trays as they are set up for service.
• Responsible for assigning and supervising all opening and/or closing side duties.
• Communicate all service issues with the In Room Dining Manager.
• Assist with scheduling of servers and telephone assistants.
• Conduct pre-meal meetings on a daily basis. Participate in ongoing training of employees to ensure that employees continue to improve their performance. Recognize outstanding performance by service personnel and handle discipline as per standard operating procedures.
• Fill out necessary requisition forms through ADACO, supervise inventories and train staff on using the computer system.
• Train staff on the use of OPERA and oversee the accuracy of minibar inventories and proper distribution of all amenities.
• Participate in periodic reviews of the staff including position certifications, weekly training sessions and audits as well as daily reviews of the steps of service.
• Regular attendance of departmental training meetings and educational seminars.
• Obtain necessary certifications for working with food and beverage such as (but not limited to): Food Safety and TIPS certifications.
• Develop new ideas for improving minibars and amenity choices.
• Maintain profitability of outlet to support overall resort operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the resort:
Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, answering telephones or general administrative duties.
Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Previous experience in Food and Beverage operations preferably in management role.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
• Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
• Ability to solve problems and make rational decisions.
• Basic knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations.
• Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
• May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk’ use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear.
• The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
• The employee must be able to see differences in widths and length of lines such as those on graphs.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Salamander Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
Perks and Benefits
Health and Wellness
- FSA With Employer Contribution
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
Office Life and Perks
- Company Outings
Vacation and Time Off
- Leave of Absence
- Personal/Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Financial and Retirement
- Relocation Assistance
- 401(K) With Company Matching
- Access to Online Courses
- Shadowing Opportunities
- Promote From Within
- Tuition Reimbursement