Salamander Resort and Spa is a 5 Star Luxury Resort located in beautiful Middleburg, VA. We offer professional privileges, training and growth both within this beautiful horse & wine country and beyond. As an expanding luxury hospitality portfolio the advantages and opportunities are endless - let your entrepreneurial spirit shine. We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor AM or PM shifts available.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible of inspecting assigned areas to provide feedback to managers and associates on the cleanliness and maintenance of those areas. Provide supervision, coaching and training to Room Attendants and House Attendants. Ensure prompt return to clean rooms to inventory for sale.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Supervise the performance of room attendants and House Attendants general cleaning and take appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behavior, and work practices. Inspect guest rooms, guest areas and employee areas and assess compliance with all established standards as they relate to cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security. Report, as directed, any observed deviations to established standards.
• Produce daily work schedules for employees in accordance with staffing guides/productivity requirements. Review and adjust staffing daily to ensure optimum staffing levels. Review assignments of employees and make adjustments.
• Communicate throughout the day with Front Office and other departments to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Conduct regular department meetings with staff to inform them of pertinent information, such as safety in the workplace, hotel events, retraining, and guest/occupancy information.
• Ensure all aspects of laundry pick up and delivery are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Communicate discrepancies or problems with the Laundry Company.
• Investigate guest, member, owner service issues and resolve guest complaints. Complete the GRF and distribute to SRS protocol.
• Conduct inventory of supplies upon request. Assist staff in putting away deliveries and keeping work area neat and tidy.
• Manage administrative functions in accordance with established standards.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of Housekeeping experience and at least 1 year of supervisory experience
We invite you to explore joining this friendly, diverse and enthusiastic team of professionals, striving to provide the very best in service and driven to maintain Forbes 5-Star status, a catalyst that has catapulted this spectacular resort into one of the world's most coveted and elite destinations.
Competitive compensation and benefits offered.
Come and join our team of super stars! Please apply online at: salamanderresorts.com/careers
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”
Perks and Benefits
Health and Wellness
- FSA With Employer Contribution
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
Office Life and Perks
- Company Outings
Vacation and Time Off
- Leave of Absence
- Personal/Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Financial and Retirement
- Relocation Assistance
- 401(K) With Company Matching
- Access to Online Courses
- Shadowing Opportunities
- Promote From Within
- Tuition Reimbursement