Housekeeping House Person
- Leesburg, VA
Support and service the room attendants and maintain cleanliness throughout the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• To stock linen closets to maintain at minimum par levels
• Remove trash and dirty linen from the cleaning carts and linen rooms.
• Maintain linen closets.
• Clean trash from rooms, as needed, move trash, newspaper and recycling goods to trash pick-up point.
• Replace vacuum bags and assist with restocking of linen carts.
• Monitor consumption and order replacement of guest & cleaning supplies.
• Move furniture, supplies and equipment as directed by housekeeping supervisor.
• Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
High school or equivalent education required.
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk' use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear.
• The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
• The employee must be able to see differences in widths and length of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Back to top