The Reservation Sales Agent handles incoming calls, makes reservations, responds to guest inquiries, and promotes hotel services and amenities. Maximizes yield opportunities and meets revenue goals, as established by leadership
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Follow all service standards according to Five Star and Five Diamond standards.
- Follow sales standards to achieve revenue goals according to company guidelines.
- Provide accurate and thorough information on the resort’s accommodations, packages, promotions, services, and amenities.
- Ensure accuracy of all reservations data.
- Input group rooming lists and facilitate all rooming list changes and billing changes upon receipt from conference service coordinator assigned to the group.
- Assign specific accommodations based upon feature and/or location requests.
- Provide reservation and pick up reports upon request.
- May assist with other duties as assigned such as running daily reports, e.g. the cancellation, booking, or arrival reports.
- Communicate effectively with guests and other departments.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions; a service professional may perform other duties assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of administrative assistant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working for senior level manager and/or supporting multiple managers.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office 10, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to accurately type at least 50 words per minute.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Candidate must have previous experience in Reservations, preferably in a luxury hotel.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, clear verbal and written communication skills. Second language is a plus.
- Strong phone skills needed.
- Required typing of 40+ wpm. Typing test will be part of the interview process.
- Must be able to work in a Reservations office environment and work continuously with the Front Desk and all operational departments.
- Other skill sets include: knowledge of OPERA PMS and Microsoft Office.
- Candidate must have attention to detail, be able to multi-task, must possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment, experience handling customer service issues and be a team player.
- Position requires flexibility in scheduling, must be able to work AM/PM, weekends & holidays.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
Salamander Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.