- Destin, FL
This position is responsible for giving hair care treatments to guests of the Spa. You must have good communication skills and be very customer service oriented. The position will require previous work experience in a Spa as a Hair Stylist and maintain up to date product knowledge and complete knowledge of all Spa services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Adheres to all policies and procedures set forth of the Spa.
• Reports any incident or accident to the Department Lead or the Director.
• Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services and assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
• Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa services presently offered.
• Recommends products for home use with a minimum service to sales ratio of 25%.
• Performs all treatments on services' menu based on current certifications.
• Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
• Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests and answers guest's questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
• Understands all aspects of hair cutting to include precision cutting, razor, clipper, and thinning shears.
• Possesses proficient styling skills to include setting the hair on hot rollers, curling irons, Velcro rollers, etc.
• Creates stylish updos with techniques of extensions, braiding, platting, etc.
• Performs chemical services to include color, perms, and straightening techniques.
• Performs shampoo treatments and various scalp massage techniques.
• Begins and ends all appointments on time.
• Works assigned schedule.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
• Informs Spa Director of product needs.
• Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
• Completes all assigned side work.
• Attends all scheduled meetings.
• Attends scheduled professional trainings.
• Completes other duties assigned by the Spa Director/Assistant Spa Director.
• Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
• Assists staff with lifting and storing facility equipment, furniture, and products to help maintain facility and prepare for special events.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
• Previous hair stylist experience preferred.
• Hair/Cosmetology license appropriate for County and State.
• Good communication skills and Microsoft Office/Computer skills
• Normal work hours: Varied to include nights/weekends and holidays
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk' use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and length of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
• Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
• Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
• Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong team player.
• Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
Back to top