Food \u0026 Beverage Expo
- Destin, FL
The food expeditor ensures quality and proper presentation of food in a timely manner; that food orders are prepared and assembled quickly according to recipes and procedures to avoid waste; and that the line is always stocked, neat, clean and safe.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
A food expeditor ensures that all kitchen orders are prepared in a timely manner and according to menu and customer specifications. An expediter may also finalize the presentation of the plate and test the temperature of the food. To keep orders flowing from the kitchen to the diners, an expediter directs kitchen runners and wait staff who are delivering completed orders.
A restaurant kitchen's efficiency rests on shoulders of the chefs and often the food expediter. The expediter is responsible for setting the pace and flow in the kitchen itself. He ensures that a table's orders are completed together and on time, and conducts quality control.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Certified cook or higher level preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Following recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests' expectations
- Coordinating food orders to support timely and efficient delivery to each table
- Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
- Meeting special guest requests while ensuring same high quality standards
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Ability to read recipes/food ticket and follow their instructions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors.
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Run food to tables when necessary
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify
Back to top