Banquet Event Setup Attendant is to provide a consistent, well designed meeting product which focuses on proper meeting table set-ups and proper set-up of various configurations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant is to ensure Banquet Rooms are set-up according to the BEO.
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant will ensure every room is detailed, cleaned and then vacuumed before the scheduled event.
•Banquet Event Setup Attendant with lift, push and pull tables, chairs and stages set up for corporate, private events.
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant is to ensure all equipment is in proper working order, free of scratches and spots.
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant is to check for any deficiencies should be reported to Banquet Lead Supervisor.
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant is to move equipment in and out of meeting rooms, as requested per the guest.
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant will ensure meeting rooms are ready for guest arrival 3 hours prior to scheduled start time.
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant will provide excellent customer service.
•The Banquet Event Setup Attendant will work closely with Catering & Sales, Banquet Servers, and the Stewarding department for delivery of excellent customer service.
•Minimum one year related experience as a houseman in a similar upscale resort/hotel/club environment preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Knowledge of all menu items, prices and general service procedures.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
•Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
•Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time.
•Be able to safely lift bags, cases and stacks weighing up to 60 pounds.
•Be able to work a hot, cold, wet, humid and loud environment for a long period of time.
•Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekends.
•Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
•Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.