- Middleburg, VA
Supervise and coordinate activities of kitchen and dining room workers with-in banquet functions. Ensure that all aspects of events are set and run in accordance to the Banquet Event Orders and Client specifications. Adhere and follow F&B culture and vision in accordance to F&B core values. Ensure food and beverage cost is within budgeted number for the respectful area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Check all room sets prior to each event.
- Meet with the Banquet Chef to confirm quantities of food items and timing of food leaving the kitchen.
- Check all china, glassware, silverware, and linen items needed for the event.
- Inform staff of specific needs for buffets and receptions.
- Check staffing needs for upcoming events.
- Check inventory needs for all upcoming events.
- Conduct pre-function meetings to ensure personal hygiene and appearance standards of staff are met.
- Allocate stations and partners for staff.
- Review banquet event orders.
- Communicate with the meeting planner handling the function to ensure all needs have been met and to check for any last minute instructions or changes.
- Be aware of all upcoming groups and major conventions over upcoming 90 days.
- Review assigned work functions for the entire day and the next week.
- Read all assigned banquet menus and ask if specific items are unclear.
- Complete all daily administrative tasks.
- Select several tables at random during the function to evaluate food and service.
- Ensure that food is served at the appropriate temperature
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Responsible for the proper handling of all equipment, i.e., china, glassware, silverware, linen, and props, ensuring proper storage after use.
- Inform Chef of head count as soon after seating as possible.
- Recommend proper maintenance and repair to the Director, Engineering and ensure the proper housekeeping of all function space.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous banquet operations experience preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on operational needs, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Tasks are performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 5 hours per day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
Back to top