Enjoying a sophisticated ambiance and fabulous setting, Gold Cup Wine Bar at Salamander Resort & Spa is a relaxing venue for drinks, cocktails and delicious fare. Served throughout the day and evening, Gold Cup offers guests delectable menu options, the best of Virginia’s wines, signature cocktails and much more. Salamander Resort and Spa is a 5 Star Luxury Resort located in beautiful Middleburg, VA. We offer professional privileges, training and growth both within this beautiful horse & wine country and beyond. As an expanding luxury hospitality portfolio, the advantages and opportunities are endless - let your entrepreneurial spirit shine.
Gold Cup Wrestaurant is looking for an experienced AssistantRestaurant Manager to join our 5 Star team!
Salamander Resort and Spa is a 5 Star Luxury Resort located in beautiful Middleburg, VA. We offer professional privileges, training and growth both within this beautiful horse & wine country and beyond. As an expanding luxury hospitality portfolio, the advantages and opportunities are endless - let your entrepreneurial spirit shine.
The ideal candidate will be responsible to assist in the management of all aspects of the Gold Cup Restaurant functions, in accordance with Resort standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Supervise and mentor employees while executing and maintaining Forbes standards and operational excellence
- Work with culinary team to produce targeted results
- Model hospitality and excellent guest experiences while instilling service standards for the team
- Interview, hire, train and develop staff while building a positive work environment
- Actively coach and counsel employees to include documentation when appropriate
- Ensure effective scheduling so that staffing needs are met, and labor costs controlled
- Understand the company P&L and how to impact the results to reach targeted sales, control costs and manage labor in partnership with the Restaurant Manager
- Evaluate guest feedback and Unifocus ratings with the leadership team and follow up with corrective action to ensure issues are resolved
- Attend weekly leadership meetings
- EOM Inventory
- Other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager
- College Degree preferred
- 2+ years in restaurant management role with demonstrated career progression
- Excellent working knowledge of restaurant POS systems and Microsoft Office suite
- Proven ability to hire, train, develop and lead a diverse workforce
- Ability to form relationships and communicate respectfully, and effectively with peers, leadership, and staff.
- Must be able to work extended hours based on the needs of the business
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be available day shift, night shift, weekends, and holidays
Salamander offers great benefits:
• Health & Welfare
• 401 K Retirement plan/ Full-Time and Part-Time Service Professionals are eligible
• Dental and Vision
• Paid Time Off
• Company Paid Holidays:
• Access Privileges & Discount Programs for employees, friends & family discounts on room stays at all Salamander locations.
• Discounts on dining, retail, spa, golf, and other hotel & resort amenities
• Free meals
We invite you to explore joining this friendly, diverse and enthusiastic team of professionals, striving to provide the very best in service and driven to maintain Forbes 5-Star status, a catalyst that has catapulted this spectacular resort into one of the world's most coveted and elite destinations.
Please apply online at: salamanderresorts.com/careers
·“Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.”