Process Engineer II
The Process Engineer II position located at the Garden Grove, CA facility is responsible for implementing cost effective manufacturing processes in injection molding in accordance with operating standards, product and quality specifications. This includes tool design, new product development and troubleshooting.
- Consistently reviews existing injection molding processes and by using technical tools (VSM, VA/NVA, Six Sigma) will provide problem resolution and provide employee training to the process.
- Able to work independently and with a team solving complex problems to improve efficiency, quality and cost-reduction.
- Prepares and presents plans for approval (PFMEA, Timelines, etc…) and able to coordinate deployment to include training of team members.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of building, equipment and management of tooling.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Plastics Engineering is preferred
- 2+ years' experience in Integration Automation
- 4+ years' experience in Plastic Injection Molding
- CAD or AutoCAD experience is preferred
- 2+ years' experience in Project Management is preferred
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong ability to communicate with others (verbal & written)
- Demonstrated knowledge in technical area of competence managing small projects utilizing basic automation and/or technical integration.
- Statistical process control experience and be able to do statistical analysis of data (e.g. Cpk and Gauge R & R)
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings (G, D & T, etc.)
Meet Some of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics's Employees
As a quality engineer, Laurent works hard to keep Saint-Gobain’s presses up and running by solving any production or quality issues that arise—quickly and efficiently.
Back to top