Manufacturing Engineer - Clearwater Florida
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the technical activities in the manufacturing facility which includes, process engineering, product development, applications engineering, and support to customers and other departments. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the Reliability Pillar on our World Class Manufacturing journey and for facilities management.
This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or related field, plus five (5) years of experience in manufacturing engineering. Two (2) plus year’s plastics experience is preferred with extensive knowledge of extrusion, injection molding, and compounding. Knowledge of ISO, GMP, and FDA requirements is a plus. Good communication skills, both written and oral, are required along with computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong problem solving skills required. Must also have the ability to effectively present information to management and groups.
• Plans and directs Maintenance Department activities.
• Plans, develops, and executes projects to reduce waste through improved manufacturing process efficiency using WCM methodologies.
• Researches and/or develops new processes, equipment, and tooling as required to manufacture new or existing products and understands best-in-class processes and equipment.
• Ensures engineering processes and procedures are in place to support ISO, GMP, and FDA compliance.
• Prepares and presents technical publications as appropriate.
• Outsources the repair and maintenance of tooling. Ensures tools are serviceable at all times.
• Attends WCM functions as required, and lead the Reliability WCM pillar.
The physical demands of this position require individuals to sit, stand, walk and work at a computer or phone, possibly for long periods of time. May need to traverse uneven terrain and climb stairs/steps periodically. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required with proper lifting techniques. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
The position will function in both a manufacturing environment and an office area. As such, this person will be required to use personal protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety glasses, and safety shoes are mandated. In the manufacturing environment that is some exposure to changes in temperature and variable noise, dust, fumes, and chemicals, depending on areas accessed. In the office environment that is exposure to temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Back to top