Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is tasked with building collaborative partnerships and developing sales of molded and extruded Medical Components and Systems (assemblies) within the assigned geography at Medical Device manufacturing companies, OEM’s, Contract Manufacturers and Design Firms. The BDM identifies target accounts in his or her territory, establishes and communicates a detailed sales plan. This person is then responsible for selling components and solutions to his or her accounts through a consultative sales process. The BDM tracks a project pipeline and effectively communicates on progress and needs to the customer and inside the organization. This position will work closely together with a Cross-Functional team as well as Key Account Manager(s), if applicable.
Geography includes: WI, IL, MN, IA, MO, ND, SD, KS, NE, MT, ID, WY
- Manage territory to meet/exceed business goals and objectives in terms of gross sales, margins and new customer acquisition. Identify commercial opportunities in the form of new customers and/or new products, develop strong relationship at target accounts, provide application knowledge, industry expertise, and manages sales activities according to a solutions-selling, disciplined process.
- Collaborate with marketing to assist in the development of advertising and promotional programs, telemarketing plans and tradeshow participation necessary to achieve product line sales objectives.
- Collect, analyze and transmit information regarding market evolution, competitors and technology trends.
- Work with manufacturing operations to provide accurate and timely information regarding customer demand to support sales and service objectives. Provide periodic forecasts used to anticipate overall sales performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Marketing or related field.
- Master's Degree in Business Management or equivalent, preferred.
- 5+ years' of sales experience in the Medical Device market.
- Proven track record of successful new business development.
- Technical understanding of Medical Device development cycle.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
- Customer and relationship focused.
Meet Some of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics's Employees
As a quality engineer, Laurent works hard to keep Saint-Gobain’s presses up and running by solving any production or quality issues that arise—quickly and efficiently.
Back to top