Senior Laboratory Technician
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Senior Laboratory Technician:
The success we have had today is directly attributed to our focus and commitment to the product. We have a passion for developing the best possible product for our customers. This process all starts in the lab with quality initiatives and product development. This position provides a great opportunity to gain exposure to a key function at RXBAR and grow within our organization. The Senior Laboratory Technician utilizes fundamental principles and knowledge of food products and processes to support continued growth of our brand.
General Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work areas are kept clean, neat and organized
- Ensure all instruments and equipment are kept clean, calibrated, and functional
- Stock lab supplies as needed notifying appropriate personnel when stock of an item is low
- Provide support to Quality initiatives:
- Support production quality reviews: evaluation, document management and data entry
- Support Food Safety Scientist conducting quality evaluation experiments
- Support documentation management for food ingredients: incoming ingredient log, ingredient specifications and MSDS
- Management of production retain samples
- Provide support to R&D initiatives:
- Support manufacturing of new product development (NPD) bench samples for sales team
- Partner with Product Development cohort to execute recipe testing for new, continuous improvement initiatives or alternate ingredient supplier evaluations
- Support management and storage of experimental R&D finished product
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required - Associates in Applied Science (AAS) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Life Sciences field is preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in the Food Industry in Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC) or Research & Development (R&D) related roles
- Solid oral and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate at different levels and with different personality types
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and quality/regulatory documentation management systems (i.e. Tracegains, ESHA Genesis)
- Familiarity with analytical equipment: Aw, moisture meter and texture analysis tools
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Always pursues excellence
- Passion for food business
Total Rewards Package:
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Alex is focused on growing the RXBAR business directly by growing strategic retail partnerships and ensuring her customers are well taken care of.
Back to top