Senior Financial Analyst, Investment
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Senior Financial Analyst: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country and this explosive growth requires more focus on partnership with the organization to understand financial impact on RX investment (operating expenses). Critical responsibilities include: understand actuals vs budget, creating dashboards on investment, calculation of monthly accruals, and improving forecast accuracy by becoming trusted business partner for the teams.
We are looking for someone that is detail-oriented, driven and eager to grow with our Finance team. Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical background in corporate finance, consulting or investment banking, and is excited to learn about our business and help establish new processes as we continue to build out our finance team. A self-starter that takes initiative, ownership over processes and is resourceful will excel in this role.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Manager, FP&A and team leads (Sales, Marketing, Systems, Operations, etc) to understand actuals, budget (forecast), and OP and explain variances and communicate risks and/or opportunities
- Implement reporting and scorecards on operational metrics to partner with organization to understand how we are allocating investment dollars across the organization
- Be liaison between the Organization and Accounting to help ensure accurate financials
- Create key metrics on sales, marketing, T&E, systems, legal & professional fees an all overhead to better forecast monthly/quarterly
- Partner with Accounting to appropriately accrue expenses including sales, marketing, T&E, systems, legal & professional fees
- Lead initiatives to create and improve processes that increase visibility and accuracy using new system tools – A/P automation, Concur, etc
- Build framework and understanding of investment allocation to identify opportunities for RXBAR to grow profitably
- Analyze and communicate budget vs actuals for key initiatives and vendors
- Build environment of trust with teams to have full ownership of budget and become trusted partner to provide analysis on strategic decisions
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required
- 2 to 4 years of corporate finance, accounting, or consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; familiarity with Office, Netsuite
- Evidence of cross functional partnership experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Manufacturing/consumer goods industry experience a plus
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Back to top