Regional Sales Manager (South/Southwest)
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to the top 10 in Natural Grocery and a rapidly growing player in Conventional Grocery.
RXBAR Regional Sales Managers will be responsible for developing and executing a strategic sales plan for their region to an established list of natural and conventional grocery customers as well as development of new natural and conventional grocery business opportunities. This role include management of existing brokers. The position will be responsible for selling and marketing all retail categories of products under the RXBAR brand.
Regions & State Coverage:
* South/Southwest Region- AZ, NM, TX, LA, OK
- Develop and execute strategic sales plan for sales region
- Sell and manage to revenue and promotional trade spend budget
- Responsible for regional headquarter and store level sales execution for all designated customers within region as assigned by Director of Sales. Roughly 70/30, 70% headquarter, 30% store visits/execution.
- Direct, manage and train assigned brokers
- Create and implement strategic promotional programs with Director of Sales for each customer
- Study and utilize market trend data to assist in the selling process
- Execute new items through product launches or new items within existing customers
- New business development including new distributors and retailers
- Prepare and meet with customers to present business reviews and category reviews
- Communicate and implement price changes as provided from management
- Manage the process for unauthorized deduction resolution
- Actively participate in trade shows and customer shows
- Maintain excellent customer and RXBAR employee interdepartmental relationships
Skills & Qualifications:
- Reside within the territory being managed--must live near major airport
- 5+ years experience in retail sales and merchandising in the grocery industry
- Current Regional Sales Manager or equivalent position within the retail food class of trade
- Proven and successful sales management track record
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Established relationships with distributor and retailer customer base
- Experience in sales and expense budgeting and management to budget
- Broker management experience
- Knowledge of the natural/organic industry
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Has a home office and is able to work remotely and independently
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - approximately 50% of time
- Proven integrity in life/employment and honesty in dealings with others
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Occasional and event related weekend work is required
Total Rewards Package:
Competitive salary, health insurance, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Midwest Direct Sales
Alex is focused on growing the RXBAR business directly by growing strategic retail partnerships and ensuring her customers are well taken care of.
Back to top