Regional Sales Manager, Small Format (West)
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition has propelled RXBAR to a top brand in the bar category.
Regional Sales Manager, Small Format West: The Regional Sales Manager, Small Format is responsible for growing our business in the Small Format & Foodservice Channels in the Western United States. Key responsibilities include developing and executing a sales strategy for all large small format retailers, operators, and distributors in the west region.
The ideal candidate has a passion for small format sales and serving customers, embodies entrepreneurial spirit, and is looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company. This person must be a strong leader, and a great collaborator that enjoys bringing creative solutions to life, with cross functional partners and customers. They must be hungry to build RXBAR into an industry leading brand in the small format space and must go above and beyond in building relationships and servicing customers.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Tone Setting: Embody the RXBAR culture and sales team values and reinforce the “RXBAR Sales Call”
- Build relationships with buying teams, brokers and distributor representatives within the west region
- Develop and execute strategic sales plan with National Sales Manager, and cross-functional team for all Tier 1 retailers and regional distributors within the region
- Collaborate with the Small Format Distribution NAM to execute the strategic sales plan for Core-mark, McLane, Vistar, UNFI, US Foods & Sysco divisions within the west region
- Prepare for and meet with customers during business reviews
- Expand the business by securing new doors, adding SKUs and developing merchandising programs in alignment with small format strategic sales plan
- Communicate and implement price changes as provided from management
- Ensure execution of new product launches, promotions and secondary placements
- Build relationships, influence, lead and train assigned brokers
- Sell and manage to revenue and promotional trade spend budget
- Build management and onboarding plans for assigned accounts
- Actively participate in industry trade shows and customer shows
- Cultivate great relationships throughout the food industry
Planning and Strategy
- Work with Broker partners, Insights, and Sales Operations teams to understand and manage:
- Pricing/Promotion Efficacy
- Off-Shelf & Display Opportunities
- Rebate Programs
- Build a deep understanding of the small format and foodservice operators and distributors’ needs and business model. Talk to other brands, brokers and buyers, read articles and stay current on all things related to the Small Format Channel of Trade
- Prioritize accounts for new item launches in collaboration with National Sales Manager and strategic sales plan
- Understand the competitive dynamics in the Foodservice & Small Format Channel. Where can we learn from leaders and what opportunity exists to take more share?
- Collaborate with Category Insights, Revenue Management, Supply Chain & Sales Operations Team to forecast as accurately as possible
- Proactively communicate with Sales Operations, Revenue Management, & Supply Chain teams to coordinate display programs, promotional programs, and proactively solve for issues that create executional challenges
- Collaborate with Sales Support & Category Insights team to identify trends and key opportunities for brand development and improved execution within the Small Format Channel
- Identify and communicate merchandising and shopper marketing programs to National Sales Manager, Sales Operations and Marketing counterparts
- Maintain excellent customer and RXBAR employee interdepartmental relationships
Skills & Qualifications:
- Reside in West Region & have access to major airport
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in retail sales and merchandising within the Foodservice and/or Small Format Channels
- Proven and successful sales management track record
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Established relationships with distributor and retailer customer base
- Experience in sales and expense budgeting and management to budget
- Broker management experience
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - approximately 60% of time
- Proven integrity in life/employment and honesty in dealings with others
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Occasional and event related weekend work is required
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, Education Assistance Program, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Please NO Recruiter or Third Party / Agency Inquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top