Regional Sales Manager, Club (East)
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, No B.S value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Regional Sales Manager, Club East is responsible for growing RXBAR at Costco in the Northeast & Southeast regions by building the customer relationship, developing sales strategy and facilitating cross-functional collaboration internally.
This role is an integral part of the RXBAR Club Sales team and requires excellence in the fundamentals of the channel (channel dynamics, customer service & logistics). The ideal candidate for the role is a self-starter, a strong collaborator, has great organization and communication skills, can work independently, and is hungry to build on our brand’s momentum and grow RXBAR in Club.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships with Costco regional buying teams (Buyer/Assistant Buyer/ICS) across relevant departments
- Prepare for and meet with customer during business reviews
- Provide leadership for ongoing product renovation and new item priorities in East regions
- Ensure execution of new product launches, on-going demo programs and national Costco initiatives
- Build strong relationships with Costco’s third-party demo company to drive successful trial programming and efficient spend
- Partner with Director of Sales for Costco Corporate and/or Costco national initiatives
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Manager, Club West to ensure cohesive Costco strategy
- Lead, train and build a strong relationship with broker partners at the regional level
- Display RXBAR and sales team values; reinforce the “RXBAR Sales Call”
- Attend regional events and club openings when possible
- Planning and Strategy
- Develop and execute region specific sales plan for Costco East regions in collaboration with Director, Club West counterpart & Sales strategy
- Work with Broker partner and RXBAR’s Insights & Sales Strategy teams to understand and manage:
- Distribution & Merchandising
- Regional Performance
- Demand Planning
- Demo Accrual Tracking & Spend
- Build a deep understanding of the retailer’s business. Walk the buildings and understand regional item trends and priorities, talk to other vendors, brokers and buyers, listen to earnings calls and read articles related to Club Channel customers.
- Cross Functional
- Collaborate with Insights & Sales Strategy team to identify trends and opportunities for brand development within the Club Channel
- Work with Sales Strategy and Revenue Management teams to build an annual sales plan and review weekly updates and progress with Manager
- Partner with Marketing to develop customer specific launch plans and strategic support opportunities
- Collaborate with Demand Planning in development and management of forecast
- Work closely with Sales Operations & Customer Collaboration to deliver incredible customer service and facilitate communication between supply chain and Costco
- Understand the competitive dynamics in the Club Channel. Where can we learn from leaders and what opportunity exists?
- Actively participate in industry trade shows and customer events
- Maintain excellent customer and RXBAR employee interdepartmental relationships
Skills & Qualifications:
- Based in Chicago, Atlanta or Washington DC area
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5+ years’ retail sales at HQ level in the grocery industry, Costco retailer experience
- Proven and successful sales management track record
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Established relationships with retailer customer base
- Experience in sales and expense budgeting and management to budget
- Broker management experience
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings – approximately 30% of time
- Proven integrity in life/employment and honesty in dealings with others
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Occasional and event related weekend work is required
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top