Product & Operations Manager - Europe
Company & Opportunity
RXBAR is a proven pioneer – eliminating the BS in consumer-packaged food and restoring confidence across our consumers, our customers and the entire industry. This is at the heart of how we make and market our products – it drives how we do business with all.
We are looking for a trailblazer – someone who seeks out innovative solutions with a commitment to excellence and a passion for food and people. Our ideal candidate is a strategic and commercial thinker with entrepreneurial spirit, someone who thinks big while getting the little things done right, and who exudes passion and positivity to help inspire others.
Responsibilities - Role
Product Quality & Technical (50% of role)
- Coordinate the UK supplier and manufacturing process to ensure that raw materials, packaging materials, in process products and finished products conform to all quality & technical specifications.
- Support the approval of supplier qualifications, compliance, and documentations.
- Responsible for scheduling 2nd party RXBAR audits to be performed by 3rd party company.
- Lead supplier communication for technical/quality activities.
- Collaborate with RX Global Quality & Technical team across the areas of raw materials, processes & finished product.
- Assist with supplier specification management.
- Follow up and investigate consumer complaints by working with suppliers and partners to determine root cause and follow through on corrective actions.
Supply Chain Operations (50% of role)
- Working alongside Head of Supply to manage the daily, weekly & monthly production operations within RXBAR’s out-sourced supply chain.
- Ensuring that our customers receive their orders on-time & in full – following up on order issues & inaccuracies
- Supporting and leading various projects across the supply chain
- Problem solving - Identify, prioritise, structure, and solve an array of other complex business problems, using analytics and business judgement
- Developing internal MRP systems – translating sales forecasts into inventory, production and raw material requirements
- Developing our production systems and utilising KPI information to encourage and enhance operational performance.
Responsibilities - Team
- Ability to travel to visit suppliers, manufacturers, and logistics partners; a valid UK driver’s license would beneficial
- Flex day-to-day focus to support critical needs of the business as it grows, including engaging in activities outside of their stated functional area – ‘pitching in’ is the norm
- Be comfortable with a workday and schedule that isn’t always highly structured or predictable – this is anything but a ‘punch in, punch out’ situation
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Previous experience in a food/drinks – in a technical role, being accountable for quality, food safety, legality and sustainability of either raw materials or finished products
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills & an ability to build relationships at both ends of the supply chain – suppliers & customers
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Emotionally intelligent and strong critical thinking skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviours
- Desire to excel and grow with the organisation
- Creative problem-solving abilities
Back to top