Product Development Food Scientist
We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Product Development Food Scientist:
The success we have had today is directly attributed to our focus and commitment to the product. We have a passion for developing the best possible product for our customers. This process all starts in the lab with product development.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone with a passion for food products and a desire to directly impact growth in the business. You will work directly with our founders every day. You’ll learn how to run a business and how your contributions impact the growth of a company. You’ll have a big impact on our company’s growth.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Plan, lead, and execute new flavor innovation for RXBAR
- Develop and conduct experiments for RXBAR continuous improvement initiatives
- Sourcing and technical evaluation of experimental raw material
- Assist with maintenance of laboratory and equipment
- Actively support other R&D core responsibilities such as plant trials and shelf life evaluations
- Support improvement of quality processes related to the evaluation of RXBAR products
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related field with at least 3 years’ experience in Product Development required; Master of Science in Food Science or related field with at least 1 year experience in Product Development preferred
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player
- Always pursues excellence
- Passion for food business
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, who is extremely result and detail-oriented
Total Rewards Package:
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
Meet Some of RXBAR's Employees
Midwest Direct Sales
Alex is focused on growing the RXBAR business directly by growing strategic retail partnerships and ensuring her customers are well taken care of.
Back to top